Roasted Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites
If you’ve been to Starbucks recently, you may have noticed their adorable sous vide egg bites. I certainly have noticed them. And, I kinda order them whenever I come across a Starbucks. I looove their bacon and gruyere flavor combo and it really got me thinking.
Maybe I should make my own version. See, we went to our friends house for dinner and they made sous vide tri tip and it was amazing. I immediately went home and bought one thinking that if nothing else, I’ll be using it A LOT with my lack of kitchen during our home renovations.
Welp, friends, today is the day. I busted out my sous vide and made these super cute roasted red pepper and onion egg bites.
Can I tell you this? They are unbelievably silky smooth and creamy. Like whoa. I was not expecting them to be so luscious. I love that they are the perfect recipe to meal prep because you don’t need an oven. You don’t need a stove. Literally you set a pot to the side and let it do its thang for an hour. If you’re something who loves to meal prep, or just someone who loves to have easy grab and go breakfasts so you don’t have to think in the morning, this is for you!!
I’m loading these egg bites up with roasted red peppers and onions, but do that Starbucks bacon and gruyere combo! Try some broccoli and cheddar. The sous vide egg bites world is your oyster. Get jiggy with yo bad self. I topped mine with some hot sauce and fresh herbs. But, add some salsa, some fresh avocado, whatever your heart desires!
What is a sous vide (pronounced sue-veed)?
- a cooking technique utilizing exact temperature control to deliver consistent results
- usually requires a vacuum seal of food in a bag
- only takes three steps: 1) attach to a pot of water and set temp; 2) put food in a sealable bag; and 3) finish by searing, grilling or broiling to add a crispy golden finish.
- gives very consistent results
- food cooks in its own juices so they end up being super moist, juicy, and tender
- little attention needed during cooking process
I’m going to be honest, I thought it was one of those gimmicky gadgets and kinda wrote it off when I first heard of it. But then! I tasted actual deliciousness and knew I needed a sous vide in my kitchen.
Attach the sous vide on the side of a large stock pot and fill it up with water to the line marked on the sous vide. Preheat to 175F.
Whisk together the eggs and milk. Fold in the shredded cheese, chopped peppers, chopped onion, salt and pepper. Spray each jar with your favorite cooking spray. Divide the egg mixture into 10 small 10 mason jars. Tighten the lid on the jar and place it into the water once the water preheats. Cook for 1 hour.
Remove the jars and dry off with a towel. Serve warm with your favorite toppings or store in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy!
These Roasted Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites are unbelievably silky smooth, creamy, and luscious! Such a simple make ahead, low carb, meal prep breakfast!!
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or favorite dairy free milk)
- 1 cup pepperjack cheese (or favorite shredded cheese)
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- cooking spray
- chopped fresh herbs, hot sauce, ketchup, salsa, avocado, whatever you want to serve your egg bites with!
- Attach the sous vide on the side of a large stock pot and fill it up with water to the line marked on the sous vide. Preheat to 175F.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Fold in the shredded cheese, chopped peppers, chopped onion, salt and pepper.
- Spray each jar with your favorite cooking spray.
- Divide the egg mixture into 10 small 10 mason jars.
- Tighten the lid on the jar and place it into the water once the water preheats.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the jars and dry off with a towel.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings or store in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy!