This crustless Caramelized Onion Bacon Quiche is our family’s favorite brunch recipe! It’s a gluten free and keto quiche loaded with flavor!
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 large sweet onions
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in 1/2″ pieces
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook onions in coconut oil over medium heat for 20 minutes. Cover the pan and stir every five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mustard, eggs, cream, and Gruyere. Set aside a tablespoon or so of Gruyere to sprinkle on the top.
- Lie the bacon in a pile, one on top of the other. With a serrated knife, cut them in 1/2″ pieces. Cook the bacon with the onions for the last five minutes.
- In a pie dish, place half of the onion and bacon mixture. Using a spoon, spread it evenly on the bottom of the dish. Then, pour the egg mixture. Top with remaining bacon mixture, pushing it a bit into the egg.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese, a couple pinches of nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 457mg
- Fat: 24.7g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
Keywords: quiche, quiche recipe, bacon quiche, crustless quiche, low carb quiche, keto quiche, gluten free quiche, crustless quiche recipe, quiche with no crust, bacon and onion quiche, bacon quiche, bacon quiche recipes, bacon quiche keto