Iced pumpkin spice latte is here to stay. Listen, since the PSL first made its appearance, it’s been coffee enthusiast favorite. While some say it’s annoyingly trendy, I think we can all agree it’s not going anywhere and honestly… it’s really delicious 🙂
This iced pumpkin spice latte is perfect because it’s super customizable! Like it sweeter? Like it more spiced? Need it dairy free? Want all the dairy? There’s so many ways to make this PSL your own!
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients & Substitutions
Espresso. Technically a latte is espresso + milk so I highly recommend you grab yourself some espresso! If you don’t have an espresso machine or you don’t prefer it, you can sub in 1/2 cup of your favorite dark roast coffee.
Milk. Any kind you like! I love using oat milk lately but you can use almond milk or any kind of dairy milk!
Pumpkin Puree. This is going to give this PSL some P!
Agave Nectar. I love a touch of sweetness in my lattes so we’re just adding a tablespoon of agave nectar. If you prefer, you can use some honey or maple syrup!
Vanilla Extract. Just a little splash to give this latte some cozy flavor!
Pumpkin Pie Spice. This is what gives the PSL all that pumpkin flavor. I use about 1/4 teaspoon but depending how spiced you like it!
Salt. Just a pinch to help bring out some of the flavors!
Ice. Because it’s an iced latte! I bought nugget ice cube trays so I can pour this latte over adorable little ice cubes. You can use regular ice cubes, big ol’ ice cubes, but whatever you do, pour it over some ice ice baby!
Whipped Cream. When I take the extra time to make a fancy latte I don’t skimp on anything! Top it with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of extra pumpkin spice.
How to Make an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
Blend. Blend up all the ingredients! If you don’t have a blender just put all the ingredients in a mason jar with a lid or an airtight container and shake until the ingredients are combined.
Pour. Fill your glass with ice cubes and pour the PSL over the ice.
Whip! Top the latte with whip cream, a sprinkle of pumpkin spice or cinnamon and a cinnamon stick! The garnishes and add-ons can be really fun so get creative with it!
Storing your Iced PSL
After you blend, store it in a mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for about a week. Separation is natural. Just give the jar a shake before you pour it over ice.
Ice it! If you want to get fancy, pour the blended mixture into ice cube trays to freeze them. Next time you have an iced coffee, pour it over your PSL ice cubes!
Tips and Suggestions
Kid friendly. If your kids want something fun to sip on (I can relate!), blend it up without the coffee! Cheers and enjoy!
Bump up the pumpkin! I like a moderate amount of pumpkin but you can bump it up or down depending how you like it! I always advise to go slow, taste, and add more pumpkin if you want!
Make it a PSL float! Instead of filling your glass with ice cubes, fill it with vanilla ice cream and pour your PSL on top. It ups the indulgence and makes for the best autumn post-dinner drink!
Add some booze! Add a shot of Bailey’s or an autumn/vanilla flavored vodka that works with this flavor profile!
Make a frozen latte! Blend the ice in with all the ingredients to make a blended iced latte. It will create a perfect frozen drink that will be really fun to sip on!
Freeze your extra pumpkin pureé. Honestly this recipe is best when you’re making another pumpkin recipe like these pumpkin waffles, this pumpkin bread, or these pumpkin pie squares. Plan a couple pumpkin recipes so you don’t have to open a whole can for one tablespoon! If you do have a lot of pumpkin puree left over, dollop it into an ice cube tray and freeze for later use.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to use espresso? Technically if you want to call this a latte, yes. But, I’m all about customization and making recipes work for you! No espresso, no problem! Use 1/2 cup coffee instead of the double shot.
- What if I don’t have a blender? No problem-o! Put all the ingredients into a mason jar or an airtight jar with a lid and shake it up!
- I don’t have pumpkin puree! Can I still make it this iced PSL? Honestly, yes. Most of the pumpkin-ness comes from the pumpkin spice so if you need to skip the puree or you just don’t want to open a whole can, I totally get it!
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
Iced pumpkin spice latte is the perfect autumn drink for all my PSL lovers!! It’s creamy, frothy, and perfectly pumpkin spiced!
- double shot of espresso
- 1 cup oat milk (How to Make Oat Milk)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream, cinnamon stick, and mini stroopwafels for serving
- Place the espresso, milk, pumpkin, agave, vanilla, spice, and salt in a blender and blend on high for 20 seconds. Alternatively, you can place in a jar with a lid and shake.
- Add ice to a glass.
- Pour the latte over the ice.
- Top with whipped cream, a cinnamon stick, cookie, and sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice if desired. Enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 1 PSL
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 35.8g
- Sodium: 405mg
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe