The other day the kids and I were heading out to the pool. As I was wrestling to get their bathing suits on (um, and mine lol), running around to gather towels and goggles, and sunscreen, I heard a blender. I didn’t think much of it.
Right as we were about to walk out the door, my husband handed me a frozen iced vanilla latte situation that made me smile from ear to ear.
It was a treat. And I love treats.
I make this recipe using whole milk, but you can definitely sub in your favorite non-dairy milk! If you’re looking to make a deliciously indulgent iced almond milk latte, try using my homemade vanilla almond milk for the dairy milk here!
Back in the day I would get a Dunkin Donuts iced latte. I loved the sweetness. I loved the whip cream. I loved the caramel sauce and the salt they sprinkled on top. It was rich, and I definitely shouldn’t have been drinking them at the rate I was drinking them, but alas… that was my life at the time.
When Jaryd handed me the slushy iced latte I was instantly taken aback to my days of Dunkin pick me ups and I loved every second. Because it’s hot outside and EVERYONE needs a little something something to put a smile on their face. I knew you chicks needed this recipe too.
Best part? You blend everything up and it takes like 2 minutes. So let’s jump into the recipe and learn how to make an iced vanilla latte!
How to Make an Iced Vanilla Latte:
- Place the ice, espresso, milk, vanilla, and sweetener in a blender. This is the vitamix blender I have that I love!! You can really sub the ingredients here to make it your own. Use your favorite non-dairy milk, add a splash dollop of homemade caramel instead of vanilla. Use honey, maple syrup, monkfruit, or your favorite sweetener. Totally customizable!
- Blend until slushy and combined.
- Pour into your glass, or multiple glasses if you decide to be nice and share.
- Top with whip cream and grated chocolate if you fancy.
- 3 cups ice
- double shot of espresso
- 1 cup whole milk (or favorite milk. vanilla almond milk would be delicious!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (maple syrup and honey work too)
- whip cream and chocolate shavings (optional but fun)
- Place the ice, espresso, milk, vanilla, and sweetener in a blender and blend until slushy and combined.
- Pour into your glass.
- Top with whip cream and chocolate.