Vanilla Almond Milk
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Non-dairy milk has been all the rage lately. From oat milk to seed milks, there is a whole new world of dairy-free alternatives.
While store-bought almond milk is super convenient, making your own is actually super simple and cheaper!
Almond Milk Ingredients:
- almonds (soaked overnight)
- favorite sweetener (optional)
The ingredients are pretty straightforward! For a basic recipe all you need is water and almonds and you’re good to go. If you want to add some sweetness, add a couple tablespoons of agave or honey or maple syrup. You can also use granular sweeteners as well! I’m adding some agave nectar in this recipe, but feel free to customize it with your favorite sweetener!
Almond Milk Flavor Ideas:
- peanut butter
Today I’m using vanilla bean powder to add some flavor to the almond milk. Add some cocoa or half a banana, or some strawberries to the blender to switch it up and try different flavors! My main tip here is after your almond milk chills in the fridge, just make sure to shake it before you pour yourself a glass to drink.
How to make some vanilla almond milk:
Soak your almonds in a jar with cold water overnight. If you forget to do this the night before but have 1 – 2 hours to spare, soak your almonds in very hot water for 1 – 2 hours. Hot water expedites the soaking process so if you’re in a pinch use hot water.
When you’re ready to make the almond milk, drain the water and discard it. Rinse the almonds and place them in your blender.
Add the fresh, filtered water, the vanilla bean powder, and agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too). Blend it for about 1 minute until completely combined.
Place a nut milk bag or cheese cloth in a bowl or pitcher. Pour the almond milk through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth and squeeze it to strain the pulp.
Store the milk in the fridge and enjoy!!
Discard the pulp, or make some yummy treats with it like these chocolate bliss balls using almond milk pulp!Print
Making your own almond milk allows you to control the flavor and sweetness of your blend. This vanilla almond milk will be your favorite dairy-free milk!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder (or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak the almonds in a jar with water overnight. If you forget to soak overnight, soak for 1 – 2 hours in very hot water.
- When you’re ready to make the almond milk, drain the water and discard it.
- Rinse the almonds and place them in a high powdered blender.
- Add the fresh, filtered water, the vanilla bean powder, agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too) and sea salt to the blender.
- Blend it for about 1 minute until completely combined.
- Place a nut milk bag or cheese cloth in a bowl or pitcher, gathering the edges so you can squeeze the liquid through the cloth.
- Pour the almond milk through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth and squeeze it to strain the liquid out, leaving the pulp behind in the cloth.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid or pitcher.
- Store the milk in the fridge and enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vanilla almond milk