Making your own almond milk allows you to control the flavor and sweetness of your blend. This vanilla almond milk will be your favorite dairy-free milk!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder (or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak the almonds in a jar with water overnight. If you forget to soak overnight, soak for 1 – 2 hours in very hot water.
- When you’re ready to make the almond milk, drain the water and discard it.
- Rinse the almonds and place them in a high powdered blender.
- Add the fresh, filtered water, the vanilla bean powder, agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too) and sea salt to the blender.
- Blend it for about 1 minute until completely combined.
- Place a nut milk bag or cheese cloth in a bowl or pitcher, gathering the edges so you can squeeze the liquid through the cloth.
- Pour the almond milk through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth and squeeze it to strain the liquid out, leaving the pulp behind in the cloth.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid or pitcher.
- Store the milk in the fridge and enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vanilla almond milk