Sometimes I randomly think to myself, “If I had to pick one dessert and only one dessert for the rest of my life… what would it be.”
It’s brownies. I’d choose brownies.
If you love brownies as much as me, you have to check out my roundup of 50+ gluten free dessert recipes! It’s loaded with tons of delicious brownies like these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Brownies and these Rich & Fudgey Oat Flour Brownies.
I’ve made these tahini brownies a few times and they seriously rock my socks off. They turn out amazing every time AND I can’t believe there’s a super SEEDY secret ingredient that you’ll never even know until I tell you.
But, assuming you’ve already read the title of this post, you probably already picked up on it. IT’S TAHINI!!!
The tahini love is real. I’ve made these tahini cookies and they were wildly amazing. I also made these za’atar sweet potato fries with a fun tahini drizzle. These chocolate chip tahini cookies are also out of this world. So, I thought I’d step it up yet another notch and go for some gooey, decadent, chocolatey goodness and make some tahini brownies. Drool.
Or, if you want to double down on your chocolate love, check out my Ultimate List of Chocolate Desserts: 30+ Ideas!!
Ingredients you need for these tahini brownies:
Tahini. The magic mystery ingredient! These are tahini brownies, after all! Yes, you can sub in another nut or seed butter if you want, but then are they really tahini brownies?
Egg. Just one. I haven’t tested it with an egg replacement or flax egg, so if you do any experimenting, let me know how it turns out!
Coconut sugar. Love me some coconut sugar! It adds a delicious caramel-y undertone. You can sub in another granular sweetener if you prefer.
Vanilla extract. Just a splash.
Blanched almond flour. I always go with blanched almond flour because it’s super fine and less hearty than an almond meal.
Unsweetened cocoa powder. To make them nice and chocolatey!
Baking soda & Salt. To make some baking magic happen.
Chocolate chips. You need chocolate chips in brownies. It’s a requirement in my opinion.
How to make these tahini brownies:
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake for 15 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool completely before you lift the edges of the parchment paper up and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Cut the brownies into 9 large squares.
I drizzled mine with additional tahini, but you can also melt some chocolate chips and drizzle with dark chocolate. Store in the fridge.
More tahini recipes:
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Bars
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- Sesame Tahini Hummus
- No Bake Tahini Cookie Dough Truffles
- Chocolate Tahini Freezer Fudge
- Tahini Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the tahini, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, coco powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Whisk again until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a square pan (8″ x 8″) with parchment paper and spread the fudgey batter out in the even layer across the bottom. It’s a thick batter so be patient with it.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before you lift the edges of the parchment paper up and transfer the brownies to a cutting board.
- Cut the brownies into 9 large squares.
- I drizzled mine with additional tahini, but you can also melt some chocolate chips and drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 14.4g
- Sodium: 214mg
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 18mg