Healthy guacamole is my all-time favorite dip. But, the truly best thing is when you get a next-level guac – the kind of guac that knocks your socks off with amazingness.
This guac is creamy and amazing. It’s loaded with flavors and texture. I don’t quite have the words for this guac except to say it’s next level. What puts it over the top? The sweet corn. The creamy cotija. The fresh cilantro. It’s a flavor bomb that you need in your life.
This guacamole is:
- Loaded with goodies
- Has tons of texture
- Easy to make
- Is a crowd pleaser
- Amazingly creamy
- So satisfying
- Perfect to serve with this Mexican Street Corn!
Is guacamole healthy?
Um, I’m going to say a helllll yes to this. Guacamole is primarily made up of avocados which are full of healthy fats, fiber, folate, and potassium. You also get to load it up with some tomatoes, onions, corn and other veggies.
As long as you’re mindful about the quantity you’re eating – I get it. It can be impossible to not eat the entire bowl of quac 😜 Guacamole can absolute be a healthy dip!
Ingredients you’ll need for this healthy guacamole:
- avocado oil spray
- an ear corn
- red onion
- a tomato
- a lime
- crumbled cotija cheese
- salt and pepper
How to make the best ever healthy guacamole
Grill the corn.
Spray your corn with some avocado oil and grill on high for about 5 minutes, turning every couple minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut off the kernels.
Assemble the guac.
In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, avocados (make sure they are the most perfectly ripe avocados), onion, tomato, lime juice, crumbled cotija, salt, and pepper.
Use two butter knives to criss-cross cut the avocado, turning the bowl to cut it into chunks. This is Ina’s method and I love it so much more than smashing it.
Plate and enjoy!
Transfer to a bowl and top with any extra kernels, some crumbled cotija (shout out to the first person to dive into the guac and get all the cotija topping 😂) and some cilantro.
More healthy dips to try:
- Healthier Hot Crab Dip
- Easy Whipped Feta Dip
- Vegan Cashew Ranch Dip
- Horseradish Beetroot Dip
- Eggplant Red Pepper Baba Ganoush
- Sesame Edamame Hummus
- avocado oil spray
- 1 ear corn
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Heat your grill on high for 5 minutes then turn down the heat to medium.
- Spray the corn with avocado oil and grill on high for about 5 minutes, turning every couple minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut off the kernels.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, avocados (make sure they are the most perfectly ripe avocados), onion, tomato, lime juice, cilantro crumbled cotija, salt, and pepper.
- Use two butter knives to criss-cross cut the avocado, turning the bowl to cut it into chunks.
- This will keep the acovados chunky but still combine everything together.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with any extra corn kernels, some crumbled cotija and some cilantro.
- Serving Size: 4 tablespoons
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg