GUYS! I’m currently snacking on this vegan ranch dip and typing this from a couch. MY COUCH! We ditched our old, tattered couch at the dump back in Philly. When we came to CA, we spent about one week without a couch.
There was lots of laying on the floor, propping ourselves up against walls, and creative sitting. Turns out it takes a while to order furniture, get it delivered, etc. etc.
Welp, our couch finally arrived and I’m sitting on it 🙂
Anyway, I’ve been thinking a lot about this cashew aioli. I’ve been wanting to make another vegan dip option that was full of flavor. And so, this cool creamy cashew ranch dip was born.
I’m pretty obsessed with the flavor and I dipped allll kinds of veggies in it. I think my fave were the rainbow carrots, because they sooo pretty.
Ingredients for Vegan Ranch Dip:
- Raw cashews: I like using raw cashew because they become super creamy once you soak them. Roasted cashews would work and add another fun flavor to the dip, they just will make for a chunkier dip. Also, make sure to get unsalted nuts!
- Water: We’ll use some water for soaking the nuts and then separate, clean water for blending the dip.
- Apple cider vinegar: This will add some tartness to the ranch that we know and love.
- Garlic: Always need some garlic!
- Celery seed: This will be the key ingredient in making it that ranch flavor we love!
- Onion powder
- Fresh chives
- Fresh dill
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make cashew vegan ranch dip:
First, soak the cashews ahead of time. You want to do this 2+ hours before you make the dip.
Drain the cashews and discard the water. In your food processor, process the cashews, fresh water, and apple cider vinegar until combined.
Add the garlic cloves, celery seed, onion powder, and sea salt and process again until combined and smooth. My food processor makes things more “rustic” looking (aka not as smooth), but depending on your kitchen appliance, yours may be smoother!
Transfer to a bowl and fold in the dill and chives. Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, and additional chopped herbs. Serve with your favorite veggies
More vegan dips to try:
- Sesame Tahini Hummus
- Eggplant Red Pepper Baba Ganoush
- Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Hemp Dip
- Horseradish Beet Dip
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2+ hours and drained
- 3/4 cup water (fresh, clean water – not the one you used for the soaking)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the cashews in water 2+ hours before you make the dip.
- Drain the cashews of any excess water.
- In your food processor, process the cashews, new clean water (not the soaking water), and apple cider vinegar until combined.
- Add the garlic cloves, celery seed, onion powder, and sea salt and process again until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the dill and chives.
- Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, and additional chopped herbs.
If you’re in need of a vegan ranch dressing, just thin it out with your favorite milk!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the dip
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 66mg
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg