Artichoke dip is going to be your new favorite dip when you’re ready to switch up your hummus habit.
As you may or may not have picked up from my previous hummus recipe, I sometimes get little bit sick of hummus from time to time. I know, blasphemy.
It stems from our obsessive love of hummus…
We over-do it and then are left scrounging to fill our hummus habit that isn’t exactly hummus… you know what I mean?
Enter artichoke dip. It only takes five minutes. This may be utter laziness/my baby doesn’t sleep through the night and so I cannot muster the energy to make complicated things, but you literally throw everything into the food processor and let that baby roll. I mean, so wonderfully mindless.
Ingredients for Vegan Artichoke Dip:
- artichoke hearts
- garlic cloves + more for garnish
- sun-dried tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- toasted pine nuts
How to Make this Vegan Garlic + Artichoke Dip:
Place the artichokes in the food processor along with the the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, oil, salt and pepper.
Process until combined but chunky. I used some of the olive oil from the sun dried tomato jar because 1) I was at the end of the jar and didn’t want to waste it, and 2) I thought it would add more yumminess. It’s not necessary though! You can stick to the full 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Spoon the dip into a bowl. Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
More dips to try:
- Healthier Hot Crab Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Whipped Feta Dip
- Vegan Cashew Ranch Dip
- Poblano Pistachio Dip
- Horseradish Beetroot Dip
- Eggplant Red Pepper Baba Ganoush
- 2 (14 oz) cans of artichoke hearts
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (mix in some oil from the sun-dried tomato jar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 4 small garlic cloves (optional for topping)
- Put artichoke hearts, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, salt and pepper into food processor.
- Process to combine but still a bit chunky.
- Spoon puree into a bowl.
- Drizzle top with some additional olive oil and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
- Optional topping: place a few small garlic cloves in a pan with olive oil over medium-low heat and sauté until browned and caramelized.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 133mg
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg