Easy Whipped Feta Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The other day I was craving something smooth and creamy and I couldn’t quite put my finger one what I was wanting. It wasn’t cream cheese I was craving but something a bit more savory.
Then I remembered back to a time when we went camping in Joshua Tree. We went to a little cafe close by for breakfast the next day and I had a delicious slice of toast with whipped feta, strawberries and a drizzle of honey. And then I remembered how much I love whipped feta and want more of it in my life.
So there you have it. That’s how this beautifully creamy whipped feta dip came upon your computer slash phone screen. Two years ago I had a slice of toast. Today I decided to recreate part of it.
I cant get over the creaminess that is this whipped goodness. It’s salty and garlicky and I am obsessing over the contrast between the creamy feta and the juicy, bursting tomatoes. Plus the lemon zest gives it the most refreshingly light flavor perfect for any summer gathering.
But like, I just sat down and ate this for my lunch so smear it on a pita, load it with some chickpeas, cucumbers, roasted tomatoes, and fresh herbs for a really delicious veggie meal.
How to make easy whipped feta dip
Place the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until they are blistered and starting to burst.
While the tomatoes are roasting, place the feta, oil, water, garlic, zest of 1/2 of the lemon, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into the food processor. Process for 1 – 2 minutes until completely creamed together and smooth. Transfer the whipped feta to a serving bowl.
Top with the roasted tomatoes, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, black sesame seeds, the remaining zest of the lemon, and a couple pinches of ground pepper.
More fun dips to try
- Healthier Hot Crab Dip
- Vegan Cashew Ranch Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Hemp Dip
- Horseradish Beetroot Dip
- Eggplant Red Pepper Baba Ganoush
- Poblano Pistachio Dip
Whipped Feta Dip is so simple to make and perfect for any occasion! Whether you need to bring something to a summer potluck or just want something new to spread on your sandwiches, this Easy Whipped Feta Dip is perfect!
- 5 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 oz. crumbled fetas, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zest only and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper + couple pinches more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds, for garnish
- couple small basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until they are blistered and starting to burst.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, place the feta, oil, water, garlic, zest of 1/2 of the lemon, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into the food processor.
- Process for 1 – 2 minutes until completely creamed together and smooth.
- Transfer the whipped feta to a serving bowl.
- Top with the roasted tomatoes, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, black sesame seeds, small basil leaves, the remaining zest of the lemon, and a couple pinches of ground pepper.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 238mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: whipped feta, whipped feta dip, whipped feta recipe, whipped feta appetizer, easy whipped feta, whipped feta dip recipe, whipped feta spread recipe, garlic whipped feta dip, whipped garlic feta, lemon whipped feta, lemony whipped feta, lemony whipped feta recipe, lemon whipped feta dip,