I have a new love for this funfetti cake batter dip. Anything that sneakily makes my kids eat chickpeas is a win for me.
I packed this dip in a container for a quick beach trip and it was delightful to snack on. It’s a dip that can go from a picnic to a potluck and be a crowd pleaser no matter the occasion.
Plus, I mean, those sprinkles make me real happy. Dessert dips don’t get the love they deserve. I’m here to change that!
Ingredients for healthy funfetti dip:
Cooked Chickpeas. I just use good old fashioned canned chickpeas. Make sure to drain them and rinse them!
Cashew Butter. This gives the dip a great creamy flavor. Plus, I really like cashew butter because it’s super mellow. You can sub another nut or seed butter, but just keep in mind the cake batter dip may take on more of the flavor whereas with cashew butter you don’t really have that issue.
Agave Nectar. This is what we’re using to sweeten up our dip! You can sub in honey or maple syrup if you prefer!
Coconut Sugar. Gives it a little extra caramel sweetness that will give it more of a cake vibe.
Vanilla Extract. Will give this dip that iconic vanilla cake batter flavor!
Blanched Almond Flour. This will give our dip a bit more structure. I always use blanched super fine almond flour because it has a more pastry, cake color compared to an almond meal. Plus, almond meal is a lot heartier with more texture whereas super fine almond flour will give you a smoother result.
Salt. To bring all the flavors together.
Sprinkles. Mandatory. Period.
How to make cake batter dip:
It’s so simple and can be made in your food processor!
Blend the rinsed and drained chickpeas, cashew butter, agave, coconut sugar, and vanilla the the food processor until smooth.
Add the almond flour and salt and process again until combined.
Fold in your sprinkles and serve!
What to serve with this funfetti dip recipe:
- Graham crackers
- Animal crackers
More easy, no bake desserts to try:
- Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Tahini Cookie Dough Truffles
Healthy Funfetti Dip
Healthy Funfetti Dip is an easy dessert to throw together in under 10 minutes. It’s gluten free and made with better for you ingredients!
- 15 oz. canned cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 natural creamy cashew butter
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup super fine blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas, cashew butter, agave, coconut sugar and vanilla to a food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute until smooth.
- Add the almond flour and salt.
- Process again until combined, about 20 seconds.
- Fold in the sprinkles, save a tablespoon to sprinkle on top of the dip when you serve it.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl, sprinkle with the remaining rainbow sprinkles.
- Serve with your favorite sweet crackers, fresh fruit, or cookies!
- Serving Size: 1/16 of the dip
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 17.9g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe