Soft Baked Apple Blondies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Apple blondies popped into my head the other day when I made apple butter. I thought it would be really amazing if I use apple butter in some yummy baked goods!
Usually I slather apple butter on everything and anything but the beauty of apple butter is it can really be incorporated throughout the batter to make a deliciously sweet apple flavor.
If you love baking, you have to check out my roundup of 50+ gluten free dessert recipes! From brownies to cookies to cakes, you’re bound to find a new favorite!
These apple blondies are
- soft and crumbly
- mouthwateringly moist
- easy to prep in 15 minutes
- slightly cinnamon spiced
- sweetened with coconut sugar
Ingredients for apple blondies
Apple Butter. I love apple butter this time of year! I had some homemade apple butter in my fridge so I used that, but you can also use store-bought apple butter if you prefer!
Coconut Sugar. I’m using coconut sugar to sweeten the apple blondies. If you prefer traditional sugar or don’t have it on hand, try for a light brown sugar.
Eggs. Two eggs! I haven’t tested this recipe with flax eggs or vegan eggs, so if you do any experimenting, let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Vanilla Extract. Just a splash for those warm, cozy, baked good vibes!
Almond Flour. I use blanched almond flour in my baked goods. It’s great because it’s a nice pastry color, and a lot finer than an almond meal so makes for a smoother texture.
Baking Powder. This is going to give the the blondies some fluff!
Salt. The salt brings out the flavor.
Apple. I used a fuji apple, but you can use whatever apple you have around.
Agave Nectar. This is what we’re going to toss the apple pieces with to sweeten them up and coat them with cinnamon.
Cinnamon. That delicious cinnamon flavor! We’re coating the apples with cinnamon and folding them into the batter.
How to make apple blondies
Whisk. Whisk together the wet ingredients. Then, whisk in the dry ingredients.
Prep the apples. In a small bowl, fold together the apple pieces, agave and cinnamon until the apple pieces are coated with cinnamon.
Fold. Fold most of the apple pieces into the batter, saving some to put on top of the blondies.
Bake. Bake for 25 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool & Cut. Allow the blondies to cool for 5 minutes. Pull up the parchment paper up to remove the blondies from the pan and cut into them.
Drizzle. If you’re adding the drizzle on top, whisk together all the icing ingredients and drizzle it across the top of the blondies.
More apple recipes
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake (gluten free)
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Apple Chai Granola
- Gluten Free Apple Crisp
Apple Blondies are soft baked, fluffy, and moist! They are so simple to make in just 15 minutes and naturally gluten free.
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Fuji apple, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the apple butter, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, fold together the apple pieces, agave and cinnamon until the apple pieces are coated with cinnamon.
- Fold most of the apple pieces into the blondie batter, saving some apples to put on top of the blondies.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan.
- Spread the remaining apples on top of the blondies.
- Bake the blondies for 25 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the blondies to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pull up the parchment paper up to remove the blondies from the pan and cut into them.
- If you’re adding the icing drizzle on top, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon.
- Drizzle the icing across the top of the blondies.
- Serving Size: 1 blondie
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 17.1g
- Sodium: 147mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keywords: apple blondies