Apple Crumble Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Apple crumble bars are so easy to make and have the most delicious crumble texture!
They’re perfect to eat them any time of day! Personally I think they are delicious early in the morning with a cup of coffee. But I love them even more at night warmed up with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You get the customize these with your favorite apples, your favorite nut butter, and even your favorite nut! Once you make this recipe once, you won’t be able to stop!
Ingredients and substitutions for apple crumble bars
Apple. I used a honeycrisp apple, but you can use whatever apple is your favorite!
Pecans. This is going to give these bars such a nutty, crunchy, delicious base! If you prefer almonds, cashews, or peanuts, you can sub those in!
Almond Flour. This helps bring the crumble together.
Coconut Sugar. This sweetens the bars up! If you don’t have or like coconut sugar, you can use another granular sweetener.
Oil. I use ghee, unsalted butter, or refined coconut oil. You can use whatever you have on hand or prefer!
Almond Butter. I love the almond flour, but if you prefer peanut butter or another nut/seed butter, you can definitely sub it in!
Vanilla Extract. For some cozy, warm, autumn vibes!
Cinnamon. Because cinnamon and apples are a match made in heaven!
How you make Apple Crumble Bars:
First, you want to steam your apple slices. Once the water is boiling, you only need to steam them for about 5- 7 minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork.
While the apples are steaming, place the pecans, almond flour, sea salt, and coconut sugar in your food processor. Process for a couple seconds, until chunky. Add the ghee, almond butter and vanilla. Process again until combined and crumbly. If you’re not into ghee, coconut oil or butter would also work.
In a bowl, mash the apples until desired consistency. You can keep them chunkier or smoother depending how you like it. Mix in the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Spread the apple mixture out on top of the bottom layer. Crumble the remaining crumble on top.
Bake for 10 minutes, until the top is a bit golden. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into it.
More apple recipes to make:
- Soft Baked Apple Blondies
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake (gluten free)
- Gluten Free Apple Crisp
- Apple Chai Granola
Apple Crumble Bars are perfect any time of day! Have a bar with your morning coffee or add a scoop of ice cream for a delicious dessert!
- 1 honeycrisp apple, peeled, seeds removed and cut in slices
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (for apple mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, steam the apple slices for about 5- 7 minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- While the apples are steaming, place the pecans, almond flour, sea salt, and coconut sugar in your food processor.
- Process for a few seconds, until chunky.
- Add the ghee, almond butter and vanilla.
- Process again until combined and crumbly.
- Press 3/4 of the crumble into a bread pan lined with parchment paper. You want to really press it hard into the bottom, otherwise it won’t stay together.
- You want to make an even, firmly packed, flat layer across the bottom.
- In a bowl, mash the apples until desired consistency. You can keep them chunkier or smoother depending how you like it.
- Mix in the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the apple mixture out on top of the bottom layer.
- Crumble the remaining crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the top is a bit golden.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into it.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fat: 36.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: apple crumble bars