Apple Crumble Bars are perfect any time of day! Have a bar with your morning coffee or add a scoop of ice cream for a delicious dessert!
- 1 honeycrisp apple, peeled, seeds removed and cut in slices
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (for apple mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, steam the apple slices for about 5- 7 minutes until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- While the apples are steaming, place the pecans, almond flour, sea salt, and coconut sugar in your food processor.
- Process for a few seconds, until chunky.
- Add the ghee, almond butter and vanilla.
- Process again until combined and crumbly.
- Press 3/4 of the crumble into a bread pan lined with parchment paper. You want to really press it hard into the bottom, otherwise it won’t stay together.
- You want to make an even, firmly packed, flat layer across the bottom.
- In a bowl, mash the apples until desired consistency. You can keep them chunkier or smoother depending how you like it.
- Mix in the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the apple mixture out on top of the bottom layer.
- Crumble the remaining crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the top is a bit golden.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into it.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fat: 36.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: apple crumble bars