Heirloom Tomato Burrata Caprese Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Burrata Caprese Salas may just be next level Caprese salad.
Summer gets me super pumped for sweet and juicy tomatoes. When I walked into my food story and saw beautiful multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, I couldn’t pass them up.
Oh, and burrata, people, burrata. Burrata is one of those magical food items that get people excited whenever they hear the word. Plus, it’s fun to say. Go ahead, say it out loud. Burrata.
What is burrata?
Burrata is a really creamy and delicious semi-soft Italian cheese that’s made of part Mozzarella (the outer shell) and part something else that gives the inside a soft, creamy texture. That something else? Stracciatella and cream. Truth is, I totally googled that. Have no idea what it means, but thought I would include it for those of you that cared and need to know. Burrata. It’s fun to eat.
If you’re in a pinch and need to throw together a quick app or side for that potluck. Or, if you just want a light and juicy summer meal, this Heirloom Tomato Burrata Caprese Salad is a million percent perfect for you.
Ingredients for this burrata Caprese salad:
- heirloom tomatoes – whatever you do, just make sure they’re ripe and juicy!
- burrata cheese – mmm burrata
- avocado – a deliciously ripe one! Cut it into slices or cubes.
- extra virgin olive oil – get a good quality olive oil to level up this salad.
- balsamic vinegar – need it.
- fresh basil leaves – adds such a delish flavor and freshness!
How to make this burrata Caprese salad:
Slice the tomatoes into wedges and place in your bowl.
Nuzzle the burrata into the center of the bowl. Add the slices avocado around the edges, in between groups of tomatoes.
Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and chopped basil. Easiest peasiest!Print
Burrata Caprese salad is the perfect quick salad or side to bring to a potluck, or just for a light, summer-y meal. So fresh and delicious!
- 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, various colors
- 8 oz. burrata cheese
- 1/2 avocado, cut in thin slices or cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges and place in your bowl.
- Nuzzle the burrata into the center of the bowl.
- Add the slices avocado around the edges, in between groups of tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and chopped basil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 the salad
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 178mg
- Fat: 26.2g
- Saturated Fat: 10.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Keywords: burrata caprese salad