Watermelon Feta Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Watermelon feta salad will be your new favorite summer salad! It’s delicious made fresh but also soaks in all the dressing and flavors making it a really tasty recipe to prep ahead too!
Ingredients for this watermelon feta salad
Watermelon. This is why you’re here, right? You want super ripe, red watermelon for the best salad results.
Cucumber. Adds a nice crunch and makes this salad super summery and refreshing!
Red Onion. I love the savory bite these red onions add to this salad! If you’re in a pinch, you can use another thinly sliced onion, but red onion is really pretty and delicious here.
Feta. Absolutely obsessed with those salty cheese bites throughout the salad.
Pine Nuts. Toast those babies up! It adds a delicious toasty warmth and nuttiness to the salad.
Basil. I love the fresh herb. Load it on if you like, or leave swap in some mint or cilantro if you want a different herb!
How to make watermelon feta salad
Grab a large platter and start assembling! Place the cubed watermelon onto the plate. Top with your red onion slivers, chopped cucumber and sprinkle of feta.
Toss the pine nuts in a pan over medium-low heat for about five minutes. Shake the pan and stir them super frequently to ensure they are toasting evenly and don’t get burned. Once they begin to get fragrant and toasty brown, remove them from the heat and add them on top of the salad.
Top the salad with basil leaves and drizzle with half of the lemon dijon dressing. I like to save some dressing so people can drizzle more on their own individual plates.
How to make the lemon dijon dressing
Easy! Place the lemon juice, avocado oil, agave, vinegar, and dijon in a small jar with a lid Secure the lid on top and give it a shake! Voila! You now have homemade lemon dijon dressing!
More salad recipes to try
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Lemon + Avocado Kale Salad
- Grilled Peach + Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Chopped Kale Salad
Watermelon feta salad is a light, refreshing, and summery salad loaded with fresh ingredients like cucumber, basil, and red onion!
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced in quarter moons
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 2 lemons, juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Place the watermelon, red onion, cucumber, and feta on a large platter.
- Place the pine nuts in a pan over medium-low heat and cook for about 5 minutes stirring and shaking the pan frequently to evenly toast the pine nuts. Once the pine nuts are toasty brown and fragrant, remove them from the heat and sprinkle them on top of the salad.
- Garnish the salad with fresh basil leaves.
- Add the lemon juice, avocado oil, agave, vinegar, and mustard to a jar with a lid. Secure the lid and shake for 20 seconds.
- Pour half of the dressing onto the salad and leave the rest of the dressing to be poured on top of the salad once individually plated.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, lemon dijon dressing