Zoodle recipes are always a reader favorite. I mean, how can you resist those adorable curly zucchini strands?
For people who can’t have traditional pasta, people trying to eat healthier, or people that just want to add some extra veggies into their meals, zoodle recipes are a go-to!
What are zoodles?
Zoodles, also known as zucchini noodles, zuchini pasta, or zucchini spaghetti are so fun and delicious!
You cut off the ends of your zucchini and add it to your spiralizer. Turn your spiralizer to create beautiful zucchini spirals aka “noodles.”
Why we love zoodle recipes:
The great thing about zoodles is they really take on the flavors of the dish. They’re a blank canvas, if you will. Adding zoodles to your meal is a really simple and delicious way to bump up the vegetables while keeping it healthy, low carb, gluten free, and flavorful (if you do it right)!
Whether you’re smothering them with spaghetti sauce, spicing them up with a pesto, or adding them to your ramen bowl for some noodle-y goodness, zoodles are a fun addition to your meal!
Easy zoodle recipes to try:
- 2 small/medium zucchinis
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- fresh cilantro or herbs for garnish
- Cut the ends off your zucchini and spiralize it with the smallest noodle setting.
- Place the noodles in between two paper towels or a clean dish towel and press out any excess liquid.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the zoodles.
- Use tongs to toss for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and garlic powder and continue to toss for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the zoodles to a bowl.
- Add a mound of zoodles back to the pan in a circular, nest shape. Use the tongs to create a divot hole in the center. I cook two nests at a time, but you can do however many fit in your pan.
- Crack an egg in the hole and cover the pan with a lid. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until the clear of the eggs turns white.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, fresh pepper, and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serving Size: 1 nest
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 382mg
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 165mg