So lately I’ve been trying to make quick and easy (and delicious, obviously) lunches. I want to have healthy meals that are do-able even on the craziest day. This is as easy as it gets! This pesto is delicious and you can really put it on a ton of different things besides veggies noodles.
It would be a wonderful addition on top of a salad, a dip for veggies, a side with an over easy egg, in a low carb wrap with some sliced veggies… so versatile!
Wait, now I really want to do all the aforementioned ideas because this pistachio pesto is the bomb.com.
So, here’s what you do to make Avocado Pistachio Pesto Zoodles:
First, spiralize your zucchini and place in a strainer lined with a paper towel. Toss with some sea salt and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
Put the hemp hearts, pistachios, garlic, and sea salt in the food processor and process until well chopped.
Then add the avocado and avocado oil and process until smooth.
I love crunch of the raw zoodles, but you can also sauté for a few minutes with some avocado oil and garlic!
Pat the zoodles dry with a paper towel and toss with the pesto and top with whatever goodies you like! I put some extra pistachios and cilantro.
Want to save this for later? I made this Pinterest-friendly image, just for youuu 😉
- 2 zucchinis (or 3 depending one size), spiralized blade C
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt for the zoodles
- 1/2 cup pistachio
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 avocado
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- cilantro, chopped
- Spiralize your zucchini and toss with sea salt, set aside in a strainer lined with a paper towel.
- Combine the pistachio, hemp hearts, garlic, and sea salt in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add the avocado and avocado oil to the food processor.
- Process until completely combined.
- Pat dry the zoodles with a paper towel.
- Toss the avocado pesto with the zoodles and top with additional pistachio and chopped cilantro.
Per serving: Calories 316; Fat 27.0g (Sat 5.3g); Protein 6.2g; Carb 19.3g (net carbs 8.4g); Fiber 10.9g; Sodium 535mg
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 615mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 8g