This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Two words: Kale. Pesto. This isn’t just the best kale pesto. This is the best pesto I’ve ever had. Yeah, you heard me! Here’s the thing. I get super excited when I find a new way to use kale. Kale is not just for salads! I put kale in smoothies. I make kale chips. I add it to casseroles. Ah! The possibilities are endless.
I added this pesto to spaghetti squash topped with cherry tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. I was literally licking the bowl I didn’t want it to be over. I kept looking up at Jaryd telepathically asking him, “Are you tasting this?!!” Using words would require taking a moment to pause, clear the food from my mouth, and articulate something. Ain’t nobody got time for that! There’s kale pesto in my bowl, honey!
The other great thing about kale pesto is you never even have to tell anyone it’s kale. No doubt, everyone will be distracted by the vibrant green, and the cheesy, garlicky goodness that the kale will be an afterthought.
Pesto is one of those things that literally takes 5 minutes to make, I don’t know why I ever bought it before.
So let’s make some easy kale pesto!! First, toast your pine nuts in a pan over medium heat.
Place the de-stemmed kale (just pull the leaves away from the center stem), garlic, salt, and pine nuts in the food processor.
Process until everything is finely chopped, about 30 seconds.
Add your cheese and extra virgin olive oil and process again for about 10-30 seconds until combined.Print
You’ll love this easy 10 minute kale pesto recipe! I love swapping the kale pesto in for regular pesto. Plus, an extra serving of kale is always fun!
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups firmly packed kale, de-stemmed
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toast your pine nuts in a pan over medium heat.
- Place the de-stemmed kale (just pull the leaves away from the center stem), garlic, salt, and pine nuts in the food processor and turn it on until everything is finely chopped, about 30 seconds. If you like chunkier pesto, then process less.
- Add your cheese and extra virgin olive oil and process again for about 10-30 seconds until combined.
To make this dairy free, nix the cheese and reduce the oil to about 2 tablespoons!
- Calories: 1354
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 1623mg
- Fat: 135g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Unsaturated Fat: 106g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Let me know what you put it on!! Enjoy!! xo