Love these Pesto + Sausage Sweet Potato Noodles for an easy weeknight meal that you can throw together in a pinch!
I threw this dinner together one night on my Insta stories and a bunch of you asked for the recipe. Today I’m sharing it here on da blog AND you can watch me make it in the video above. If you haven’t checked out my YouTube recently, hop on over and say hi! I upload cooking vids (and some other random fun ones) every Tuesday and Friday! I’d love to have you be a part of my YouTube fam!!
I’ve been LOVING making videos for you guys. It’s fun to share recipes from the blog and tips I have along the way. Plus I feel like I get to share a different glimpse into my life. I’m not going to lie, not all the videos are stellar. But, I’m learning and loving the process so, ENJOY 🙂
But on to this meal! It comes together SO quickly and I love love love the flavor combo! Let me know if you make it and what you think! This is one of those meals that you can easily keep most of the ingredients in and throw it together when you’re in a pinch for a yummy, easy meal.
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized with smallest blade
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (or favorite cooking tree)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 pre-cooked chicken sausage links, cut in 1/2″ rounds
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Wash and cut the ends off your sweet potatoes.
- Spiralize your sweet potatoes with the smallest noodle blade.
- Remove the center and seeds from the bell pepper and cut it into slices. Then cut the pepper slices in half.
- Coarsely chop the onions.
- Place 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes and toss frequently with tongs.
- After three minutes, add the water and continue to toss for 3 minutes until all the water is evaporated.
- In a separate, medium pan, place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and onions to the smaller pan and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are reduced and beginning to caramelize, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sausage rounds to the peppers pan and continue to cook for 5 – 7 minutes until the onions are caramelized and the sausage is browned.
- Once the water is evaporated from the sweet potatoes, add the pesto and toss with your tongs until the noodles are well coated.
- Plate your sweet potato noodles, top with the peppers, onions, and sausage mixture.
- Crumble feta and sprinkle with hemp hearts.
Serving: Calories 438; Fat 31.9g (Sat 12.5g); Protein 18.1g; Carb 20.9g (net carb 16.4g); Fiber 4.2g; Sodium 657mg