Love these Pesto + Sausage Sweet Potato Noodles for an easy weeknight meal that you can throw together in a pinch!
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized with smallest blade
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (or favorite cooking tree)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 pre-cooked chicken sausage links, cut in 1/2″ rounds
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Wash and cut the ends off your sweet potatoes.
- Spiralize your sweet potatoes with the smallest noodle blade.
- Remove the center and seeds from the bell pepper and cut it into slices. Then cut the pepper slices in half.
- Coarsely chop the onions.
- Place 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes and toss frequently with tongs.
- After three minutes, add the water and continue to toss for 3 minutes until all the water is evaporated.
- In a separate, medium pan, place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and onions to the smaller pan and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are reduced and beginning to caramelize, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sausage rounds to the peppers pan and continue to cook for 5 – 7 minutes until the onions are caramelized and the sausage is browned.
- Once the water is evaporated from the sweet potatoes, add the pesto and toss with your tongs until the noodles are well coated.
- Plate your sweet potato noodles, top with the peppers, onions, and sausage mixture.
- Crumble feta and sprinkle with hemp hearts.
Serving: Calories 438; Fat 31.9g (Sat 12.5g); Protein 18.1g; Carb 20.9g (net carb 16.4g); Fiber 4.2g; Sodium 657mg