Backyard bbqs are HAPPENING. It’s summer, you know the drill! And while most people are all like, “no, don’t bring anything,” it’s always a fun surprise when you show up with something delicious. Well wait, I suppose it could also be annoying to just randomly show up with an unexpected dish so maybe just double check it’s ok you bring something?
Either way, I’m about to give you a non-traditional pasta salad recipe that’ll blow your miiiind. It has all your favorite players: bacon! avocado! pasta! oh my!
The sauce is so creamy dreamy and the flavors are on point. It’s a crowd pleaser for sure! I used chickpea pasta because it’s lower carb and gluten free compared to regular pasta, but feel free to swap in whatever pasta you like! Lentil pasta, pea pasta, get creative my friends!
- 8 oz. chick pasta
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- handful cilantro
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 6 – 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Cook the chickpea pasta.
- Combine the avocados, whole milk yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Process until smooth and combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped kale, cooked pasta, sliced tomatoes, crumbled bacon, and avocado sauce. Save one slice of bacon to crumble on top
- Toss with salad utensils until it’s well coated.
- Top with the final slice of bacon, crumbled, and some chopped cilantro.