You’ll love this easy 10 minute kale pesto recipe! I love swapping the kale pesto in for regular pesto. Plus, an extra serving of kale is always fun!
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups firmly packed kale, de-stemmed
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toast your pine nuts in a pan over medium heat.
- Place the de-stemmed kale (just pull the leaves away from the center stem), garlic, salt, and pine nuts in the food processor and turn it on until everything is finely chopped, about 30 seconds. If you like chunkier pesto, then process less.
- Add your cheese and extra virgin olive oil and process again for about 10-30 seconds until combined.
To make this dairy free, nix the cheese and reduce the oil to about 2 tablespoons!
- Calories: 1354
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 1623mg
- Fat: 135g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Unsaturated Fat: 106g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 22mg