Bacon Butternut Squash Parmesan Zoodles
IT’S SPRING IT’S SPRING IT’S SPRING!!! It’s so weird how quickly it changed, and I’m sure we’ll go back and forth with cold days here and there but it’s spring!! I went for a run outside today, I even felt warm with my light jacket, I literally want to find a grassy knoll, run, and jump around. I have glimmers of sunshine, and beaches, and spraygrounds, and parks, and picnics, and farmer’s markets, and walks, and bike rides in my eye…
I. am. so. excited. I’m actually shocked that I didn’t take the opportunity to pull out my flip flops in this 50 degree weather. But hey, there’s always tomorrow 🙂
YOU GUYS! I want to make this dish everyday for the rest of my life. Ok, maybe not everyday because then I’d get sick of it and I do NOT want to get sick of it!! The flavors in this dream bowl are perfect. I threw bacon in on a whim and it was the perfect addition to my original plan. Yesterday was kind of a tough cooking day. My dinner didn’t pan out as I wanted. I mean, it was okaaaay but not hands down yum, you know? Determined to make something yummy I made the meringue which was incredibly delish but then the lighting stunk. Well, in the ultimate balance of the universe today was a per-fect cooking day. I am so obsessed with this dish, you must make it.
I don’t really know what to call this. It’s best distributed with salad utensils so maybe it’s a salad? I dunnno! “Dream bowl” usually covers my bases. Throwing a bunch of yummies in a bowl is kind of my specialty!
In other news, nope. No other news. Just springtime and cooking over here! Well, I’m kinda doing a fitness thing, but besides that… Er.
Here’s how you make Bacon Butternut Squash and Parmesan Zoodles:
This recipe for Bacon Butternut Squash Parmesan Zoodles is the perfect reason to bust out that spiralizer!! It’s low carb, gluten free, and SO DELICIOUS!!
- 1 butternut squash, just the neck, peels then cubed
- 2 zucchini, spiralized with blade C
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 leaves sage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard dressing
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shaved
- 1 cup arugula
- Cut the neck of the butternut squash and set the bell aside for another recipe.
- Peel the skin off the squash and cut into cubes.
- Spiralize your zucchini with the spaghetti blade (usually blade C).
- Place the zoodles on a paper towel or in a strainer in the sink and sprinkle with sea salt. Set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel and keep the skillet on.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the pan with the bacon grease. Let cook until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chopped sage. Continue to cook for a few more minutes, then turn off the heat and set aside to allow the flavors to do their thing.
- When the bacon is cool, crumble it into the pan with the butternut squash.
- Add some of the Parmesan and stir to combine.
- Place the zoodles and arugula in a large bowl.
- Add the honey mustard dressing to the bowl and toss.
- Add the butternut squash mixture to the bowl.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese, any extra bacon crumbles and sage leaves.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 1263mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!