Parmesan crusted delicata squash is next level!!
I made this delicata squash coated and baked with grated parm a few weeks ago and I couldn’t get it out of my mind. Lately I’ve been on a serious snack kick. I’ve been wanting all the crunchy salty, garlicky things.
Normally I’m grabbing for a box of regrets in my cabinet, but I love it even more when I have homemade, healthier snacks on hand.
Every time fall rolls around I can’t wait to get my hands on some delicata squash. It’s so sweet when it’s cooked and the skin is so thin that you don’t have to bother peeling it.
Plus, I dig its versatility. From an indulgent appetizer like these Parmesan crusted beauties, to sautéing it up with your eggs in the morning, to roasting it with your salmon for dinner. You get it. So. Many. Possibilities.
Ingredients to make parmesan crusted delicata squash rings:
- delicata squash
- garlic powder
- grated Parmesan cheese: grated works best here because the small pieces are best at sticking and coating the squash
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- marinara sauce for dipping
How to make parmesan crusted delicata squash rings:
Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into thin rounds. I used my mandolin and set it to 3mm, but you can eyeball it and try to make thin slices.
In one bowl, whisk the egg, garlic powder, and sea salt. In a second bowl, place the grated Parmesan.
Use one hand to pick up the squash, coat with the egg mixture and drop into the Parmesan bowl. Use the other hand to coat the squash round in Parmesan and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. I also broiled it on high for an additional 2 minutes to get them nice and crispy. Serve with marinara sauce!
Other low carb & gluten free snacks:
Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash Rings
Made with only a few ingredients, these Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash Rings make for a delicious low carb, and gluten free snack.
- 1 small delicata squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of dried basil
- sprinkle of dried oregano
- marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into thin rings. I set my mandolin to 3mm, but you can eyeball thin slices and use a large, sharp knife.
- In one bowl, whisk the egg, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- In a second bowl, place the grated Parmesan.
- Use one hand to pick up the squash, coat with the egg mixture and drop into the Parmesan bowl.
- Use the other hand to coat the squash round in Parmesan and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with dried basil and dried oregano.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Broil on high for an additional 2 minutes to get them nice and crispy if needed.
- Serve with marinara sauce!
- Serving Size: 1/2 the pan
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 1763mg
- Fat: 20.6g
- Saturated Fat: 12.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe