Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash Rings
I made this delicata squash crusted with parm a few weeks ago and I couldn’t get it out of my mind. Lately I’ve been on a serious snack kick. I’ve been wanting all the crunchy salty, garlicky things.
Normally I’m grabbing for a box of regrets in my cabinet, but I love it even more when I have homemade, healthier snacks on hand. Read: these. And other fun snacks I’m going to link below.
Every time fall rolls around I can’t wait to get my hands on some delicata squash. It’s so sweet when it’s cooked and the skin is so thin that you don’t have to bother peeling it. Plus, I dig its versatility. From an indulgent appetizer like these Parmesan crusted beauties, to sautéing it up with your eggs in the morning, to roasting it with your salmon for dinner. You get it. So. Many. Possibilities.
These squash rings make for a really fun game day appetizer! I love the flavors and how they are deliciously crispy and absolutely amazing right out of the oven. Aaand anything dip-able on game day gets bonus points in my opinion.
Looking for some other fun low(er) carb and gluten free snacks? Check out these onion rings, coconut crusted green beans, or Parmesan zucchini fries! They’re all so easy to make and so flavorful and crunchy and fun!
So let’s make some Parmesan crusted delicata squash!!
Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into 1/4 inch rounds.
In one bowl, whisk the egg, garlic powder, and sea salt. In a second bowl, place the grated Parmesan.
Use one hand to pick up the squash, coat with the egg mixture and drop into the Parmesan bowl. Use the other hand to coat the squash round in Parmesan and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. I also broiled it on high for an additional 2 minutes to get them nice and crispy. Serve with marinara sauce!Print
You’ll love these Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash Rings!! They make for an amazing keto, low carb, and gluten free game day appetizer!!
- 1 small delicata squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of dried basil
- sprinkle of dried oregano
- marinara sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1/4 inch rounds.
- In one bowl, whisk the egg, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- In a second bowl, place the grated Parmesan.
- Use one hand to pick up the squash, coat with the egg mixture and drop into the Parmesan bowl.
- Use the other hand to coat the squash round in Parmesan and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with dried basil and dried oregano.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Broil on high for an additional 2 minutes to get them nice and crispy if needed.
- Serve with marinara sauce!
Serving : Calories 173; Fat 10.5g (Sat 6.5g); Protein 15.5g; Carb 3.3g (net carb 12.6g); Fiber 0.7g; Sodium 704mg
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!