I’ve decided that one of my favorite things is throwing a bunch of things into a bowl and making delicious combinations like this zucchini beet salad and sun-dried tomato chickpea salad. I mean, I really like bowls that keep you interested, play with different flavors and textures, and are packed with healthy and nutritious goodies.
This has so many delicious treats in it that just combine to one bowl of amazingness! Can I get an AMEN for Halloumi?! Omg if you guys don’t know about it, halloumi is the most delicious fry-able cheese that gets soft and squeaky and utterly delicious. It has a salty taste and can be fried to a golden brown perfection.
This is a really great #meatlessmonday meal or you can meal prep all the elements of this salad like the chickpeas and butternut squash to have in your fridge and throw in a bowl for lunches throughout the week.
I LOVE all the fun flavors in this. I can’t wait for you to give it a try!Print
This Butternut Squash Halloumi Buddha Bowl is perfect for your #meatlessmonday dinner!! It’s full of delicious, hearty vegetables and flavor!
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 oz. Halloumi cheese, sliced
- 7 oz. spring greens
- 1/8 cup hemp hearts
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the chickpeas with avocado oil paprika, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Transfer them to a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the butternut squash cubes in avocado oil stirring frequently until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- When done cooking, place the squash cubes on plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Sprinkle the butternut squash cubes with the sea salt.
- Fry the Halloumi by placing the slices in a pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Cook for about three minutes and then flip when golden brown to fry the other side for an additional three minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, make the dressing.
- Place the avocado, yogurt, cilantro, and garlic cloves in a food processor and process until smooth.
- I transferred the dressing to a bag so I could cut off the corner and squeeze it out onto the salad.
- In individual bowls, or one large bowl, add the greens, butternut squash, chickpeas, and top with the slices of Halloumi.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle each bowl with the avocado cilantro dressing.
- Makes 2 large servings.
- Serving Size: 2
Enjoy this delicious bowl of goodies!! xo