This Butternut Squash Halloumi Buddha Bowl is perfect for your #meatlessmonday dinner!! It’s full of delicious, hearty vegetables and flavor!
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 oz. Halloumi cheese, sliced
- 7 oz. spring greens
- 1/8 cup hemp hearts
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the chickpeas with avocado oil paprika, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Transfer them to a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the butternut squash cubes in avocado oil stirring frequently until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- When done cooking, place the squash cubes on plate lined with a paper towel and set aside.
- Sprinkle the butternut squash cubes with the sea salt.
- Fry the Halloumi by placing the slices in a pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Cook for about three minutes and then flip when golden brown to fry the other side for an additional three minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, make the dressing.
- Place the avocado, yogurt, cilantro, and garlic cloves in a food processor and process until smooth.
- I transferred the dressing to a bag so I could cut off the corner and squeeze it out onto the salad.
- In individual bowls, or one large bowl, add the greens, butternut squash, chickpeas, and top with the slices of Halloumi.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle each bowl with the avocado cilantro dressing.
- Makes 2 large servings.
- Serving Size: 2