This Kale Avocado Salad is so refreshing and loaded with nutrient-dense ingredients! Whether you want this as a full meal or are serving it alongside a main, this salad will be a beautiful showstopper on your table!
The thing I love most about this salad is the CRUNCH! Yes the kale is crunchy enough in itself, but the toasted pine nuts give it a really delicious nutty crunch. Plus, we’re adding puffed quinoa to the top in lieu of croutons and let me tell you… they are delightful.
Ingredients for Carrot Ginger Dressing:
Carrots. Gives the dressing an amazingly vibrant color! Plus we love that extra beta carotene!
Avocado Oil. I love avocado oil, but feel free to sub in olive oil or another mellow vegetable oil.
Apple Cider Vinegar. Gives it some acidity. You can sub in another vinegar here if you need to!
Agave Nectar. For some sweetness! If you don’t have agave or don’t like it, you can also use honey or maple syrup.
Ginger. I know the carrots give this dressing its beautiful color but ginger is arguably the star of the show!
Lemon Juice. For a little zing! Some orange juice would work here too if you don’t have lemon.
Sesame Oil. For a little sesame flavor!
How to make the dressing:
It’s as simple as place it all in the blender and pressing start! I love the sweet ginger flavor and vibrant orange color of this dressing! It’s simple and so refreshing!
Ingredients for this kale avocado salad:
Kale. The base of this salad. I love using curly kale because it has lots of nooks for the dressing to get covered in and hide making for a super flavorful salad!
Avocado Oil & Lemon Juice. This will help soften the kale. We’ll massage it into the leaves and let it work its magic.
Avocado. For some creamy bites and more healthy fats.
Snap Peas. I think these not only add more fun crunch but an extra veggie boost. For this salad, if you don’t have snap-peas or snow peas, you could probably sub in another veggie like a sliced bell pepper.
Pine Nuts. Mmm, my favorite! I love me a god toasty pine nut and so I showered this salad with them. Buuut, I totally understand everyone has different tastes and may prefer another nut, or have other nuts on hand. Feel free to experiment with other nut and seed option! Toasted sliced almonds or toasted pumpkin seeds would be my first choice if I need a sub!
Puffed Quinoa. This is such a fun addition to the salad. Not only are they super cute sprinkles to finish off your salad, but they add a really amazing crunch.
How to assemble the kale avocado salad:
De-stem. The first thing you want to do is de-stem the kale. Pull the leafy greens away from the center stalk. Discard the stalk and roughly cut the leaves into smaller, bite sized pieces.
Massage the kale. Place the kale in a large bowl and add the avocado oil and lemon juice. Massage the oil and juice into the surface of the leaves and set aside for 5 minutes. This will soften the kale and make it easier to chew.
Make the dressing. Blend all the dressing ingredients together and set aside!
Tuck. Place the kale on a large serving platter or in a large bowl and tuck the snow peas and sliced avocado into the top of the salad.
Drizzle. Drizzle the top of the salad with the dressing. This makes for a decent amount of dressing so eyeball it to however much you like, and serve the remaining dressing on the side in case anyone wants more.
Sprinkle. Maybe my favorite part of making a salad is sprinkling it with the finishing touches. Here we’re finishing it off with some toasted pine nuts and puffed quinoa.
More salad recipes to try:
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Chickpea Salad
- Lemon + Avocado Kale Salad
- Sesame Soy Kale Salad
- Grilled Peach + Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad + Blueberry Vinaigrette
Crunchy Kale Avocado Salad + Ginger Carrot Dressing
Kale Avocado Crunch Salad is loaded with healthy ingredients and topped with a deliciously sweet Ginger Carrot Dressing.
- 3 cups chopped kale, de-stemmed and roughly cut
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons puffed quinoa
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works here)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Pull the leafy greens away from the center stalk of the kale leaves.
- Discard the stalk and roughly cut the leaves into smaller, bite sized pieces.
- Place into a large bowl.
- Add the avocado oil and lemon juice to the bowl with the kale.
- Use your hands to massage the oil and juice into the surface of the leaves and set aside for 5 minutes. This will soften the kale and make it easier to chew.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Set aside and assemble the rest of the salad.
- Place the kale on a large serving platter or keep it in the large bowl.
- Tuck the snow peas and sliced avocado into the top of the salad.
- Drizzle the top of the salad with the dressing. This makes for a decent amount of dressing so eyeball it to your liking, and serve the remaining dressing on the side in case anyone wants more.
- Toast your pine nuts on the stovetop over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes shaking or stirring frequently until golden and fragrant.
- Top the salad with the toasted pine nuts and puffed quinoa.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cup of salad
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe