Caprese without question makes my top three favorite salads. I fell in love with it when I studied abroad in Italy. Every restaurant we went to, caprese was a staple that we ordered for the table.
Each summer I see the most gorgeous, juicy, ripe tomatoes and I can’t help myself. I grab some mozz (ok ok sometimes I kindly ask Jaryd to run a couple blocks down the street to our local grocery store to buy an emergency ball of mozzarella) and throw together a caprese.
Because that’s the thing. Capreses are the EASIEST to make: so quick and simple. When you have fresh ingredients and the salad basically makes itself.
I was at the store and saw the cutest little heirloom tomatoes and bought them immediately. An adorable baby caprese HAD to happen.
GUYS! I threw everything in a bowl and it looks really pretty, tastes AMAZING, and took me like 5 minutes tops. Most of those minutes were spent slicing tomatoes. Easy peasy, my friends.
This is the most perfect summer salad. It’s perfect for when you remember last minute that the barbecue you are going to is actually a potluck and you need to bring something. It’s perfect for when you just want a little something extra and light on the table. It’s perfect… have I said that yet?
So let’s make the most adorable salad you’ll ever eat!
Slice the mini cherry heirloom tomatoes in half widthwise and place in a large bowl.
Drain and rinse the pearl mozzarella and place in the bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to the bowl. Chop the basil, reserving some smaller leaves for garnish. Toss the salad and allow to sit for five minutes.
I always give it stir to get all the juices and dressing up from the bottom before serving.
Mini Heirloom Caprese Salad
This quick and easy Mini Heirloom Caprese Salad is not only crazy adorable, it takes five minutes to throw everything together and is perfect for summer!
- 1 pint cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 8 oz. pearl mozzarella
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- couple pinches of sea salt
- couple pinches of pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- Slice the mini cherry heirloom tomatoes in half widthwise and place in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the pearl mozzarella and place in the bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Chop the basil, reserving some smaller leaves for garnish.
- Toss the salad and allow to sit for five minutes.
- I always give the salad a stir to get all the juices and dressing up from the bottom before serving.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe