This quick and easy Mini Heirloom Caprese Salad is not only crazy adorable, it takes five minutes to throw everything together and is perfect for summer!
- 1 pint cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 8 oz. pearl mozzarella
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- couple pinches of sea salt
- couple pinches of pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- Slice the mini cherry heirloom tomatoes in half widthwise and place in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the pearl mozzarella and place in the bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Chop the basil, reserving some smaller leaves for garnish.
- Toss the salad and allow to sit for five minutes.
- I always give the salad a stir to get all the juices and dressing up from the bottom before serving.