Strawberry brownies are a special kind of dessert. They blend that rich chocolate that we all love with juicy, fruity strawberry jam. If you love chocolate covered strawberries, these brownies will be a quick favorite for you!
Or, if you want to double down on your chocolate love, check out my Ultimate List of Chocolate Desserts: 30+ Ideas!!
The Best Strawberry Jam Brownies:
Strawberry Brownies are a deliciously decadent mix of sweet and fruity! They’re loaded with rich, fudgey chocolate with juicy bursts of strawberry.
I love chocolate covered strawberries. They were one of the first desserts I made when I was younger that felt really fancy and decadent but were super simple to make.
Strawberry Brownie Ingredients:
Butter. Listen, I love butter in baked goods, but if you aren’t into butter or you can’t do dairy, try refined coconut oil.
Eggs. One egg and one egg yolk is all you need. The yolk adds some extra fudginess to the brownies. If you can’t do eggs, try two flax eggs instead!
Vanilla Extract. For a little pizzazz.
Coconut Sugar. Because you need to bring some sweetness to these brownies!!
Almond Flour. Honestly, I wouldn’t recommend subbing in another flour. If you do experiment with oat flour or an all-purpose flour I’d reduce the amount you use to about 1 – 1 1/2 cup.
Cocoa Powder. Because they’re brownies and we need to make them chocolatey!!
Baking Powder. For a little lift.
Strawberry Jam. This is what’s going to give it that strawberry flavor! We’re going to drop some dollops of jam on the tops of the brownies and swirl it around!
Chocolate Bar. We’re going to sprinkle this chopped chocolate on top. You can also use chocolate chips or chunks if your prefer!
Fresh Strawberries. Makes it pretty and adds some freshness to the berries.
How to Make Fudgey Strawberry Brownies from Scratch:
Mix. First up you want to mix all the ingredients in the bowl. You’ll start with the wet ingredients and then fold in the dry ingredients. It’s a thicker batter so keep that in mind as you spread it out in the pan.
Dollop. This is going to give it all the strawberry flavor! Dollop tablespoons of strawberry jam on top of the raw brownie mix.
Swirl. Use a toothpick of butterknife to swirl the dollops of jam into the top of the brownies. Then, sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
Bake. This is where the magic happens and they turn into perfectly fudgey brownies.
Eat and Enjoy! The best part!
Want to add more chocolate? Drizzle some on top! Check out my post How to Melt Chocolate Chips!
How to Store These Brownies:
These brownies are best served immediately, day of. But if you have leftovers, you can store the in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
You can also freeze them for two months. Defrost the brownies overnight in the fridge and heat them in the microwave or oven.
More Brownie Recipes to Try:
- Fudgey Cosmic Brownies
- Homemade Brownie Brittle
- Fudgey Gluten Free Brownies
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Brownies
- Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Skillet
- Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Healthy Avocado Brownies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3 oz. chocolate bar, chopped
- 3 fresh strawberries, cut in slices (hearts if you want to be fancy like me 😆)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the melted butter, egg and egg yolk, vanilla, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to the bowl. Whisk or fold in the dry ingredients.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the pan and spread it out in an even layer.
- Dollop tablespoons of the strawberry jam onto the top of the brownies.
- Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the dollops into the tops of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolate bar on top.
- Slice the strawberries and then cut them into hearts (if you’re trying to be cute). Lay the slices on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the center looks cooked through.
- Strawberry styling inspired by Foodess <3
- Serving Size: 1 brownies
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 52mg