Fudgey Zucchini Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s almost zucchini season!! Who is growing zucchini in their garden? Truth be told, I’m not growing any veggies this year. So much work goes into growing veggies and the past couple years I get right at the point of picking (insert whatever) to eat it and along comes some squirrel to take a nibble and ruin my months of waiting.
So, I’m sticking to flowers this year because I’ve found growing flowers brings me joy and growing veggies brings me heartache.
Ingredients for fudgey zucchini brownies:
Butter. I use unsalted butter in this recipe but you can also use ghee or refined coconut oil. If you’re subbing in coconut oil, just make sure to melt it, then measure it.
Eggs. Just two. You can also sub in flax egg or your favorite vegan egg substitute.
Vanilla. Splash in about 1 teaspoon.
Good & Gooey Brownie Mix. Ahh!! My favorite brownie mix because well… it’s mine! I launched my own line of baking mixes and couldn’t be more proud. Read more about them below!
Zucchini. I used a medium-ish zucchini. After you grate it and squeeze out all the liquid it ended up about about 1/2 – 2/3 a cup of grated zucchini.
Some melty chocolate for drizzling. This is optional but adds a little extra oomph. Melt some chocolate chips and drizzle them on top! If your chips don’t melt into a drizzly mixture, you can add in a teaspoon of coconut oil to thin it out a bit.
Talk to me about Good & Gooey baking mixes!
Good & Gooey is my line of baking mixes!! I launched them in early December and am soo soo proud of them!
I call them better-for-you baking mixes because they use wholesome, feel good ingredients your whole family will love.
Right now I have two mixes: my favorite chocolate chip cookies and brownies. What I love about these mixes is you can really get creative with them! Add some oats and M&Ms to the cookie mix for some monster cookies. Add some zucchini (like this recipe) or chopped peanut butter cups to the brownie mix to make it your own!
I could go on and on about Good & Gooey because I’m so excited about this new chapter but you can head on over to learn more about our consciously packaged pouches and how we give back with each purchase 🙂
Thank you so much for embracing and loving on Good & Gooey as much as you have! It’s an absolute dream to see you bake them up in your kitchens!!
How to make these gluten free zucchini brownies:
Mix it. Melt the butter in a large bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Mix and then add in the brownie mix.
Grate and Squeeze. Grate the zucchini and place it in a clean, thin dish towel. Gather the edges and squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Measure it, plop it into the bowl, and fold everything together.
Spread and Bake. Line a square pan with parchment paper and spread the batter out in an even layer across the bottom. Bake the brownies for 17 minutes or until the center is set.
Cool then slice. I like to allow my brownies to cool before cutting into them. Slide a knife around any edges touching the pan and pull up on the parchment paper to lift the brownies from the pan. Cut into 12 – 16 squares.
Drizzle and sprinkle. I melted some chocolate chips to drizzle on top of my brownies (totally optional). You can also sprinkle with your favorite finishing salt.
Tips for making these brownies:
Use the smaller grater side. I started doing this because my kids HATE seeing any spec of green. Using the smaller grater side hides the zucchini better and you really have no clue there is any type of zucchini in the gooey goodness of a brownie.
Squeeze, then measure. After you grate the zucchini with the small hole grater, squeeze as much liquid out as you can (so you don’t get soggy brownies) and then measure. Measuring after you squeeze out all the liquid makes sure you’re not using too much.
How to store these zucchini brownies:
I typically store these brownies in the fridge. As soft and gooey and fudgey they are day-of, there is some magic that happens when you pop them in the fridge overnight where they turn into rich chocolate fudge bars. So, I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for about one week.
More brownie recipes to try:
- Fudgey Oat Flour Brownies
- Gluten-Free Cheesecake Brownies
- Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
- Homemade Brownie Brittle
- The Best Cosmic Brownies
Zucchini brownies are deliciously fudgey, rich, and easy to make! Naturally gluten free, this will be your new favorite way to use zucchini!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pouch Good & Gooey brownie mix
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (2/3 cup zucchini after squeezing out the liquid)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, melted for drizzling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the bowl, whisk to combine.
- Pour the brownie mix into the bowl and mix to combine.
- Grate the zucchini on the smallest hole of your box grater.
- Place the zucchini in a cheese cloth or clean, thin dish towel. Gather the edges and squeeze out as much liquid as you can over the sink.
- Measure the zucchini and place about 2/3 cup zucchini into the batter. Fold to combine.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and transfer the brownie batter to the pan. Spread it out in an even layer across the bottom.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes until the brownies are set in the center.
- Allow the brownies to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Slide a knife around the edges of the brownies that are touching the pan. Pull the parchment paper up to lift the brownies from the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into 12 – 16 squares.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. If your chocolate isn’t drizzly, you can add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to thin it out a bit.
- Drizzle the brownies with chocolate.
- Sprinkle with flakey finishing salt (optional) and enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
Keywords: zucchini brownies, gluten free brownies, gluten free chocolate brownies, gf brownies, flourless chocolate brownies, best gluten free brownies, healthy gluten free brownies, healthy fudgey brownies, gluten free zucchini brownies, grian free brownies, good and gooey, good & gooey, good & gooey brownie mix