Vegan Scrambled Eggs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan scrambled eggs kinda blew my mind. I whipped these up over the weekend thinking it would be a fun alternative to my traditional cheesy eggs and it was such a fun surprise!
Now that’s I’ve had vegan scrambled eggs made with chickpea flour, I kinda want to try an omelette or vegan frittata with the same chickpea mixture. I may be on a vegan egg kick soon…
These tofu-free vegan scrambled eggs are:
- so easy to make!
- easy to customize
Do these taste exactly like eggs?
No. But, did I miss eating eggs while I chowed down on this chickpea flour scramble? No.
I love the texture, it’s heartier than traditional eggs, maybe a bit more doughy. But once you dress these eggs up with ketchup and extra veggies, honestly it all feels really similar.
Ingredients for vegan scrambled eggs:
Chickpea Flour (aka Garbanzo Bean Flour). This is going to be the base of the scramble!
Oat Milk. You can sub in any milk you like!
Nutritional Yeast. This is going to give it a delicious cheesy flavor!
Dijon Mustard. Adds some more flavor to these eggs!
Spices. We’re using garlic powder, salt and ground pepper!
How to make chickpea flour scramble:
Whisk: Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl.
Sauté: Scramble in a pan over medium-high heat.
Scramble: Keep scrambling for about 5 minutes until the mixture is clumpy, slightly golden brown, and cooked through.
Dress it up: Serve and enjoy!
More add-ins and scramble ideas:
Sauté up some peppers and onions before adding the chickpea flour mixture.
Try some caramelized onions and mushrooms!
Sautéd sweet potato cubes and some salsa would be delicious for a Tex Mex vibe!
More chickpea recipes to try:
- Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Spicy Chickpea Spinach Feta Frittata
- Instant Pot Moroccan Sweet Potato Chickpea Stew
- Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies
- Vegan Zucchini Chickpea Burgers
- Healthy Funfetti Dip
Vegan Scrambled Eggs are made without tofu! A simple 8 minute breakfast made from a chickpea flour scramble that is super customizable!
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- avocado oil or olive oil for cooking
- fresh herbs and ketchup for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
- Once hot, add the chickpea flour mixture.
- Spray your spatula with oil and bread up the chickpea flour mixture, scrambling it frequently as it cooks.
- Cook for about 3 – 5 minutes until it appears cooked and slightly golden brown.
- Plate the scrambled “eggs” and serve with fresh herbs and ketchup.
- Serving Size: 1/2 the pan
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Sodium: 657mg
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25.2g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chickpea flour scramble, vegan scrambled eggs, vegan eggs,