Spicy Vegetarian Tofu Tacos
I’m always looking for new ways to use tofu. I undoubtedly always have a block in my fridge because I buy it whenever I’m in a “we need to eat more vegetarian” mood.
I love tofu cubes, especially when they’re glazed with a sweet soy sauce but it’s fun to switch it up. I love this recipe because it’s simply crumbled and so easy to throw into a pan with minimal prep.
Ok ok ok I know tofu isn’t a traditional taco filling but hear me out. It’s fluffy but tofu has this amazing way to take on any flavor you put alongside it. Plus sautéing it gives a nice crisp to the crumbles and you can load it up with peppers, onions, salsa, and cilantro.
I love how the spicy tofu crumbles compliment the creamy goat cheese. Plus it’s loaded up with flavor and you can customize it with your favorite toppings. So let’s get into it and make Spicy Vegetarian Tofu Tacos!
Sauté the bell pepper strips in olive oil over medium high heat. Continue to cook until reduced and softened. Transfer the peppers to a bowl and set aside.
Add crumbled tofu to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until it’s warmed through and browns up a bit, about 4 minutes. Add an additional tablespoon of oil if needed.
Add the chili powder, cumin, and sea salt and mix until the tofu is completely coated with the spices.
On each tortilla, scoop tofu mixture. Top with the peppers, onion, goat cheese and serve with salsa and a sprinkle of cilantro!
Love these tasty low carb and gluten free Spicy Vegetarian Tofu Tacos! It’s a quick and easy recipe for your weeknight dinners!
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 oz. tofu (extra firm, drained and excess water squeezed out using tea towel or cheese cloth)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 red onion, cut in thin strips
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 of your favorite tortillas
- handful cilantro
- salsa (optional for serving)
- Sauté the bell pepper strips in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Continue to cook until reduced and softened, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl.
- Add crumbled tofu to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until things brown up, about 4 minutes.
- Add an additional tablespoon of oil if needed.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt.
- On each tortilla, scoop tofu mixture.
- Top with the sautéd peppers, sliced onion, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve with salsa and chopped cilantro!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: tofu tacos recipe, tofu tacos vegan, tofu tacos crispy, spicy tofu tacos recipe, spicy tofu for tacos, vegetarian tacos, vegetarian tacos recipe, vegetarian soft tacos, vegetarian mexican tacos, vegetarian tofu tacos, easy vegetarian tofu tacos, tasty vegetarian tacos tofu, low carb vegetarian tacos, low carb tofu tacos, gluten free tacos, gluten free tofu tacos, gluten free tacos recipe, gluten free vegan tacos, gluten free vegetarian tacos, low carb gluten free tacos,