Barbecue Cauliflower Tacos
Every #tacotuesday comes around and I’m like ahhh I forgot to prepare!! Where my tortillas? Where my seasonings? Where my avocado? Well, duh, I always have avocados.
Since starting the blog, I’ve really tried to expand my tacos repertoire, like these steak ones with mango salsa, or my favorite pepper shell babies. Girl loooves a good theme party and I ain’t about to disappoint on taco Tuesday.
After I graduated college, Jaryd and I went on a six week long cross country road trip that was one of the most favorite times in my life. When we went to Texas, I was BLOWN AWAY with the BBQ. Like whattt! I didn’t know BBQ like that existed!! Pulled BBQ beef or pork is my absolute fave, but I really wanted to do a vegetarian option and since I’m still thinking about that BBQ cauli pizza, BBQ cauli is on my mind!!
BBQ cauliflower tacos will be your new fave because they’re super easy and you can soak in the amazing smell of BBQ that fills up your kitchen. Soak it in!! I love that it’s veggie based and takes what can be a super indulgent meal and healthifies it, you know? Nope, healthify isn’t a word, I just made it up.
I chose to make this dairy free too, though you are more than welcome to add your own! I love the flavors of the fried peppers and caramelized onion and I really wanted them to shine too. And you can totally use your favorite BBQ, be it sugar-free, extra spicy, smokehouse, etc. Whatever your tastebuds are telling ya, I suggest you listen.
Let’s make some BBQ Cauliflower Tacos so you can upgrade your #tacotuesday stat.
First things first, toss your cauliflower florets in the barbecue sauce until they’re well coated. Spread them out on a lined baking sheet and place them in the oven for 30 minutes. During this time, you can prep your pepper and onion.
Place the peppers and onion in a pan over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Sauté for 10-15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove from the heat once the onions are caramelized and the peppers have some browned marks.
Also, (this is totally optional) you can use a grill pan, or actual grill if it’s hand, and warm your tortillas. I really like these low carb wraps and use them for basically everything!
Mash your avocado in a bowl and set aside. In each tortilla, add a dollop of smashed avocado, a scoop of peppers and onions, and the barbecue cauliflower. The sequence goes like this 😉
Top with some sliced grape tomatoes and cilantro leaves. If you want additional barbecue sauce (I always do) add an extra drizzle!
Barbecue Cauliflower Tacos are a quick and easy veggie-packed #tacotuesday meal for your weeknight dinner! Loaded with hearty flavor, you won’t even miss the meat!
- 1 cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 sweet onion, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 low carb wraps
- 1 avocado, smashed with a fork
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss your cauliflower florets in the barbecue sauce until they’re well coated.
- Spread them out on a lined baking sheet and place them in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the peppers and onion in a pan over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté for about 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Remove from the heat once the onions are caramelized and the peppers have some brown marks.
- Also (this is totally optional) you can use a grill pan, or actual grill if it’s hand, and warm your tortillas.
- Mash your avocado in a bowl and set aside.
- In each tortilla, add a dollop of smashed avocado, a scoop of peppers and onions, and the barbecue cauliflower.
- Top with some sliced grape tomatoes and cilantro leaves.
- Drizzle with additional barbecue sauce if you want!
- Per serving:* Calories 591; Fat 31.8g (Sat 4.8g); Protein 18.7g; Carb 65.7g (net carbs 30.1g); Fiber 35.6g; Sodium 758mg
- *These calculations include the recommended low carb wraps but do not include the barbecue sauce. Because of the variability of barbecue sauces, please calculate that separately!
- Serving Size: 2
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from one of the links above, I’ll receive a small portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting thetoastedpinenut.com!! xo