Love these tasty low carb and gluten free Spicy Vegetarian Tofu Tacos! It’s a quick and easy recipe for your weeknight dinners!
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 oz. tofu (extra firm, drained and excess water squeezed out using tea towel or cheese cloth)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 red onion, cut in thin strips
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 of your favorite tortillas
- handful cilantro
- salsa (optional for serving)
- Sauté the bell pepper strips in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Continue to cook until reduced and softened, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl.
- Add crumbled tofu to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until things brown up, about 4 minutes.
- Add an additional tablespoon of oil if needed.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt.
- On each tortilla, scoop tofu mixture.
- Top with the sautéd peppers, sliced onion, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve with salsa and chopped cilantro!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: tofu tacos recipe, tofu tacos vegan, tofu tacos crispy, spicy tofu tacos recipe, spicy tofu for tacos, vegetarian tacos, vegetarian tacos recipe, vegetarian soft tacos, vegetarian mexican tacos, vegetarian tofu tacos, easy vegetarian tofu tacos, tasty vegetarian tacos tofu, low carb vegetarian tacos, low carb tofu tacos, gluten free tacos, gluten free tofu tacos, gluten free tacos recipe, gluten free vegan tacos, gluten free vegetarian tacos, low carb gluten free tacos,