Vegetarian Sweet Potato + Black Bean Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I went to an exercise class yesterday. I generally stay away from classes because I’m pretttaaay uncoordinated and I hate the constant reminder of that lack of coordination with the wall to wall mirrors. But, I think once you get past that first hump and accept the awkward…
Then you’re home free. The key to exercise class is to not make eye contact with yourself in the mirror and to not give a (insert poop emoji) what people think of you. Then you can really go for it.
So I went to this exercise class, found a nice little spot in the back corner and quite enjoyed the 45ish minutes. I think I’ll even go back tomorrow to give it another go. I’ve been so over my workouts lately and really liked having someone else tell me what to do. Mindless. I loved the mindlessness of it. All I had to do was think about the exact movement I was doing and make sure I was doing it right(ish). Ok and tacos…
I thought about tacos. Vegetarian tacos, to be exact. The taco brainchild I schemed to make for dinner.
When I was little, Taco Bell was my favorite. I loved the soft shell tacos, I loved the juicy meat, I love the cheesy goodness. That was the extent of my taco experience until I graduated college, went on a road trip, stopped in Texas and realized that there were a million types of tacos and they were unbelievably amazing.
I love meals that you can just prep, cook, and assemble super quick and with little thought. I also love when you pack veggies into a meal without skimping on that indulgent, hearty, taco taste.
These Vegetarian Sweet Potato + Black Bean Tacos are SO tasty!! I love that they have that traditional taco flavor, but they feel light and hearty in the best way. Really into tacos too? Try these Pepper Shell Tacos, these Tofu Tacos, these Pepper Shrimp Tacos, or these Pan-Seared Steak and Mango Tacos!
So here’s how you make Vegetarian Sweet Potato + Black Bean Tacos:
In a large bowl, place your sweet potato cubes, onion, and cauliflower florets. Toss with the avocado oil and taco seasoning packet. If you want to make your own taco seasoning, check out this post for the spice combo!
I made my tortillas all nice and toasty by placing them over my stove for a couple minutes. I really like these almond flour tortillas. Or these low carb (not gluten free) tortillas are a great option! Place the sweet potato mixture into the tortillas. Add a scoop of rinsed black beans, salsa, a couple slices of avocado, and some cilantro leaves.
You’ll love these Vegetarian Sweet Potato + Black Bean Tacos!! They’re gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower head, cut in small florets
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 6 almond flour tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salsa for serving
- 1 avocado, cut in slices
- handful of cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, place your sweet potato cubes, onion, and cauliflower florets.
- Toss with the avocado oil and taco seasoning packet.
- Toss and then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, and broil for an additional few minutes if you want to brown them a bit more.
- I made my tortillas all nice and toasty by placing them over my stove for a couple minutes. this is optional though!
- Place the sweet potato mixture into the tortillas.
- Add a scoop of rinsed black beans, salsa, a couple slices of avocado, and some cilantro leaves.
Serving (1 taco): Calories 203; Fat 5.9g (Sat 0.9g); Protein 8.9g; Carb 31g (net carb 22g); Fiber 9g; Sodium 127mg
*nutrition facts don’t take into account tortillas, so make sur eto check your individual packaging.
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!