Peanut Butter + Raspberry Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I get my groceries delivered, it’s true. There is no shame in my game. I can’t handle the food store. Yes I do small trips here and there when I only need to pick up a few items. I like the ease of ordering online and having them delivered to my doorstep before I even get my morning coffee. Yes, I am aware how ridiculous that is.
Anyway, in my latest batch of groceries someone (ahem you know who you are anonymous delivery man) squished the raspberries. They were extra juicy and basically inedible as far as finger-foods go. Their fate was either a smoothie or some sort of delicious baked good. And so the raspberry muffin was conceived.
For me, one of the hardest meals of the day to keep healthy is breakfast. I’ve mentioned this before, but I get bored of eating the same thing over and over and really just want something tasty I can grab and munch on while I’m running around packing lunches and wrestling on shoes, etc.
So, I wanted to do a spin on the traditional PB&J. Ok ok I lied. These were 100% planned to be straight up raspberry muffins. But based on my experience with drizzling peanut butter on banana bread, I knew peanut butter drizzle was the answer to everything. So I did it. I loved the twist on traditional PB&J so much that I decided I needed to rebrand these muffins and make the peanut butter an essential component.
We also cut the muffin open, heated it up and put some whipped butter on it and I’m not going to lie, it was SO amazing. So, no worries if peanut butter isn’t your thing, these raspberry muffins can stand on their own. Wait wait wait chocolate drizzle!! Any chocolate hazelnut fans out there?! Too bad Jaryd polished off the last muffin because I’d be running to the kitchen testing out some chocolatey raspberry sweetness!!
Without further adieu, let’s make some Peanut Butter + Raspberry Muffins because I know you can’t wait!!
Grease your muffin tins or use muffin papers (I recommend this). For some reason I never use muffin liners and ALWAYS regret it. What’s my problem?! I’ve tried my fair share of muffin lined and GUYS! THESE by far, are the best 🙂
Fill the cups until they’re almost full. The muffins rise, but not a ton, so you can fill it almost all the way.
Add additional raspberries to the top of each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes, checking after 20 minutes (just being cautious because every oven’s different).
These Peanut Butter + Berry Muffins are low carb + gluten free + dairy free and so tasty!! They are perfect for breakfast, dessert, and snacking in between!
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup flax meal
- 8 oz. raspberries (6 oz. go in the batter, 2 oz. for topping)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, warmed for easier drizzling
- Whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, water, and melted coconut oil. You want to melt the coconut oil and let it cool a bit before combining it with the eggs.
- Add the almond flour, flax seed meal, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Grease your muffin tins or use muffin papers (I recommend using papers).
- Fill the cups until they’re almost full. The muffins rise, but not a ton, so you can fill it almost all the way.
- Add additional raspberries to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, checking after 20 minutes (just being cautious because every oven’s different).
- Allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack and drizzle with peanut butter!
Keywords: peanut butter muffins, peanut butter muffins gluten free, peanut butter muffins healthy, peanut butter muffins recipes, raspberry muffins, raspberry muffins healthy, raspberry muffins easy, raspberry muffins gluten free, raspberry and peanut butter muffins, almond flour muffins, almond flour muffins easy, almond flour muffins gluten free, dairy free muffins, dairy free muffins healthy, dairy free raspberry muffins, dairy free muffins berry, dairy free muffins berries,