Loaded Avocado Egg Salad
One of the classics from my childhood is egg salad. I was mayo-obsessed as a kid… ok kinda still am. and The idea of a loaded up egg situation with mayo was always up my alley.
As I was brainstorming some Easter recipes to get out there for you guys, I couldn’t help but go back to that classic egg salad. What if I put my own spin on it, loaded it up with tons of flavor, and re-made it into an epic egg salad that makes all the egg salads kinda jealous.
So, I took it upon myself to experiment and do just that. People, we have an egg salad with mashed avocado, sweet bits of dried cranberries, salty bits of bacon, some herby additions, oh and some onion for good measure.
I took one bite and made a bunch of yummy noises. Delicious, I tell you. Delicious! Whether you make this as an addition to your Easter table, or are just casually making it for your workday lunches, it’s one of those elevated recipes that brings a smile to your face.
It has all the nostalgia. All the charm and ease of traditional egg salad. Yet, it’s got a little something extra. Because sometimes extra is exactly what everyone needs.
Place the eggs in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 8 minutes and then drain. Place the eggs right into a bowl filled with cold water and ice. Keep the fridge filled until
Use a knife or egg cutter to cut the eggs into small cubes. Place them in a large bowl along with the avocado, dried cranberries, cut bacon, red onion, chives, mayo (if using), salt and pepper.
Use two butter knifes to criss-cross cut the avocado and mix up the ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together. Scoop it onto your toast, your salad, or just into a small bowl. Top with additional chopped chives and enjoy!
Switch up your classic egg salad for this Loaded Avocado Egg Salad! It’s the perfect side for your brunch table or a tasty packed lunch for your weekday!
- 6 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut into bits
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayo (optional or use avocado oil mayo!)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place the eggs in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 8 minutes and then drain.
- Place the eggs right into a bowl filled with cold water and ice.
- Keep the eggs chilled in the fridge until you’re ready to make your salad.
- Peel the eggs and use a knife or egg cutter to cut the eggs into small cubes.
- Place them in a large bowl along with the avocado, dried cranberries, cut bacon, red onion, chives, mayo (if using), salt and pepper.
- Use two butter knifes to criss-cross cut the avocado and mix up the ingredients.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together.
- Scoop the salad onto your toast, your salad, or just into a small bowl.
- Top with additional chopped chives and enjoy!
Keywords: egg salad, egg salad keto, egg salad no mayo, egg salad healthy, egg salad low carb, egg salad no may no yogurt, egg salad no mayo avocado, egg salad no mayonnaise recipe, no mayonnaise egg salad, egg salad without mayo or dairy, egg salad with mayo sour cream, avocado egg salad, avocado egg salad recipe, avocado egg salad keto, avocado egg salad no mayo, avocado egg salad whole 30, avocado egg salad with bacon, avocado egg salad toast, healthy egg salad, healthy egg salad recipes, healthy avocado egg salad, healthy boiled egg salad, healthy boiled egg salad recipe, loaded egg salad, loaded egg salad recipe, keto loaded egg salad, low carb egg salad, low carb egg salad recipe, low carb egg salad without mayo, low carb egg salad with avocado, low carb egg salad with bacon