We all know that nut milks are having their time in the limelight. Almond milk is a standard on my grocery list and I love playing around with making my own!
From almond to pecan milk to cashew milk, nut milks are here to stay. But, well what the heck about seed milks?
Here is the great thing about seed milks:
- no soaking required
- no straining required
- you just blend and chill and sip!
Is pumpkin milk healthy?
Seeds are loaded with oils, vitamins, and minerals that have tons of health benefits like balancing and regulating hormones.
Pumpkin seeds in particular are high in antioxidants, high in magnesium, may help improve heart health, lower blood sugar levels, and are high in fiber!
Since we’re not straining out any of that goodness, you get to drink all those amazing seedy health benefits!
I don’t have a routine, but I do try to sprinkle seeds into my diet legit whenever I can. So, I thought it would be fun to experiment a bit with pumpkin seed milk!
Ingredients for pumpkin seed milk:
- pumpkin seeds: you want raw pumpkin seeds
- water: the base of this pumpkin milk
- sweetener (optional): I used agave nectar but you could use honey, maple syrup or even a pitted date or two!
- vanilla (optional): for some flavor
- salt (optional): just a couple pinch
How to make pumpkin milk:
Easy! You put it all in a blender then drink it! No soaking, no straining (though you totally can if you prefer). It’s that simple, my friends!!
More dairy free milks to try:
- How to Make Oat Milk
- Chocolate Oat Milk
- Creamy Chocolate Flax Milk
- Almond Cashew Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Almond Milk
- Peanut Butter Hemp Milk
How to Make Pumpkin Seed Milk
Learn How to Make Pumpkin Seed Milk! It’s the perfect homemade dairy free alternative for when you run out of your favorite nut milk!
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (optional** honey or maple syrup works too)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into a container and chill in the fridge.
- Shake before pouring and serving.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe