Healthy Oat Flour Pancakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pancakes are a weekend staple in our house. I love lazy Sunday mornings with a plate piled high with pancakes and a big ol’ glass of milk.
I thing I love most about these pancakes is they are so flippable. They are slightly sweet and have a toasty oat flavor.
Ingredients to make oat flour pancakes:
- Milk: I use whole milk but you can use any kind of milk. Almond milk, oat milk, etc.
- Egg: I used a traditional egg, but you can try a flax egg. I haven’t tested it, but it should work!
- Vanilla: Just a splash.
- Oat flour: The star of the show! I buy oat flour in the store, but you can make your own. Directions below 🙂
- Coconut sugar: Adds some sweetness to the pancakes. If you don’t have coconut sugar or don’t want to use it, you can use another granular sweetener instead.
- Baking powder: Gives the pancakes some fluff.
- Salt: A few pinches.
How to Make Oat Flour Pancakes:
Mix together. In a large bowl whisk together the ingredients until smooth.
Sit. Allow the batter to sit for five minutes to thicken up.
Cook. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes until the edges appear set and the center begins to bubble.
Flip. Cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
Serve! Transfer to a plate and serve with your favorite toppings!
Can I Make my Own Oat Flour?
Yes! All you have to do is place old fashioned rolled oats into a blender and blend on high until it turns into a flour.
How to Store Leftovers:
These are best eaten immediately. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days. I find it best to put a piece of parchment paper between each pancake. You can also freeze for 2 months.
Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in the toaster, oven, or in a skillet until it reaches your desired temperature!
More flourless pancake recipes and brunch recipes to try:
- Zucchini Chia Seed Blender Pancakes
- Spinach Blender Pancakes
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Flax Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- One Skillet Spiralized Peppers + Eggs
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Egg Bake
Oat Flour Pancakes are the perfect healthy way to start your day! They are hearty, naturally gluten free, and can be made in 15 minutes!
- 1 cup milk (any kind of milk works)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk again until smooth.
- Allow the batter to sit for five minutes to thicken.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once warm, turn down to medium-high and melt 1 teaspoon of butter in the pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes until the edges appear set and the center begins to bubble.
- Flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with your favorite toppings!
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 73
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: oat flour pancakes, oatmeal pancakes no flour, oatmeal flour pancakes, oatmeal pancakes without flour, oat flour pancake recipe, gluten free oat pancakes, oatmeal pancakes gluten free, flourless pancakes no banana, healthy oat flour pancakes