Ladies and gentlemen, I come to you with zucchini pancakes. But, they’re not just any zucchini pancake. They are zucchini CHIA SEED BLENDER pancakes. See, you add chia seeds and make them in a blender. They’re special.
And remember how I mentioned blender above? That’s because they are blender simple. Read: you put everything in a blender, give it a whiz, and you fold in some zucchini and you are donezo. It’s simple. It’s easy. It’s the zucchini pancake recipe of your dreams.
Since zucchini season is upon us, I thought maybe you’d be interested in some other zucchini recipes that can squash that zucchini craving (see what I did there?). So before we dive into these zucchini pancakes, can I introduce you to these zucchini carrot chocolate chip squares, or this chocolate chip zucchini loaf, or these Parmesan crusted zucchini fries, or or these zucchini taco boats. I feel like I could keep going, but if you want more (and trust, there are more) hit that search bar above and type in “zucchini” to see ALL the zucchini recipes ever created known to mean. Just kidding but for real, there are tons.
So enough of me yammering on. Let’s jump into the recipe of making some Zucchini Chia Seed Blender Pancakes because I know you’re going to love them.
Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Or, if you don’t have a griddle, you’ll heat your pan on later on.
Grate the zucchini and lay it on a kitchen towel. Ring the kitchen towel out over the sink or a bowl to get out the excess moisture.
Add the almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond flour, baking powder and eggs to a blender.
Liquify until everything is well combined. Fold in the zucchini and and chia seeds until combined.
If using a stovetop skillet, heat the skillet over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil or butter. Once hot, turn the heat to medium. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop discs onto the griddle or skillet and flatten them with the back of the measuring cup. The batter will be thick.
Cook for 2-4 minutes per side and repeat until all of the batter has been used.
Serve with maple syrup, or whatever toppings you want like yogurt, nut butter, fresh berries, homemade whip cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, the options are endless!
Zucchini Chia Seed Blender Pancakes
You’ll love these Zucchini Chia Seed Blender Pancakes for an easy, seasonal breakfast or brunch. It’s so simple to throw together in your blender!
- 1 and 1/4 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 small zucchini)
- 1 and 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 and 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Grate the zucchini and lay it on a kitchen towel. Ring the kitchen towel out over the sink or a bowl to get out the excess moisture.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond flour, chia seeds, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, and eggs to a blender.
- Liquify until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the zucchini until combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop discs onto the griddle and flatten them with the back of the measuring cup. The batter will be thick.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes per side and repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve with maple syrup or whatever toppings you want!
BIG thank you to my friend Allie from Miss Allie’s Kitchen for creating this delicious recipe and taking these gorgeous images for us!! I love her work and couldn’t be more excited she’s creating some tasty dishes to share here too!
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe