Taco Zucchini Boats (gluten free + low carb)
This recipe for 30 minute Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect weeknight meal! They’re gluten free, low carb, and so simple to make for dinner!
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 3 zucchini
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- optional things to serve on your boats: sour cream, avocado, extra salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brown your meat in a pan over medium-high heat until the meat is only slightly pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir until combined.
- Add 1/4 a cup of Mexican cheese. Continue to cook for a couple more minutes, until the cheese is melty, then set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the center seeds and discard.
- Place the boats on a lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the meat inside each boat.
- Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of salsa in each boat on top of the meat.
- Then, sprinkle some additional cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, sour cream, extra salsa, avocado slices, whatever you prefer!