Taco Zucchini Boats (gluten free + low carb)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This recipe for 30 minute Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect weeknight meal! They’re gluten free, low carb, and so simple to make for dinner!
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 3 zucchini
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- optional things to serve on your boats: sour cream, avocado, extra salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brown your meat in a pan over medium-high heat until the meat is only slightly pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir until combined.
- Add 1/4 a cup of Mexican cheese. Continue to cook for a couple more minutes, until the cheese is melty, then set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the center seeds and discard.
- Place the boats on a lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the meat inside each boat.
- Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of salsa in each boat on top of the meat.
- Then, sprinkle some additional cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, sour cream, extra salsa, avocado slices, whatever you prefer!