Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These blueberry muffins are light, fluffy, and bursting with juicy blueberries! I used almond flour as the base with a couple tablespoons of tapioca flour to add some fluff.
In college I used to get a muffin and a coffee to go every morning and eat it in class. It was my thing. What kind of muffin would I get, you ask?
Lemon poppy was usually my go to. What? You thought I was going to say blueberry? Sometimes it was blueberry.
I know weekends are for baking and I’m thinking making a batch of these blueberry muffins are PERFECT for making for easy breakfasts and packable lunchbox snacks. Wait, why don’t I make muffins more often? I feel like they could make my life so much easier 🤔
I digress. Let’s make some tasty blueberry muffins that are fluffy and have perfect little warm blueberry bursts, bah I can’t wait for you to try them.
Ingredients and substitutions for paleo blueberry muffins:
- eggs: I haven’t tested this recipe with egg substitutes or flax eggs, so if you do some experimenting, let me know how it goes!!
- coconut sugar: if you don’t have coconut sugar you can sub in another granular sugar like brown or white sugar here.
- ghee : refined coconut oil or melted butter are a good sub here
- almond flour: the base of our muffins and some added protein!
- tapioca flour: to give it some fluff factor
- baking powder
- sea salt
How to make gluten free blueberry muffins:
Line the muffin tins with my favorite parchment paper muffin liners. I like to use an ice cream scooper to scoop the mixture into the individual muffin tins so you know you’re making them all even. Then, add a couple blueberries to the top of each muffin.
Bake for 25 minutes minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!!
More healthy muffin recipes to try!
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins (gluten free)
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Nut Free Banana Muffins
- Cinnamon Crunch Muffins
These gluten free Blueberry Muffins are so fluffy, moist, and have delicious little blueberry bursts scattered throughout!
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup ghee, melted (refined coconut oil or unsalted butter works too)
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla, and ghee in a large bowl. I found it easiest to melt the ghee first before I measured it out and poured it into the wet mixture.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Line the muffin tins.
- I like to use an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter into the individual muffin tins so you know you’re making them all even.
- Add a couple blueberries to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 174mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Keywords: gluten free blueberry muffins, paleo blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins using almond flour, healthy blueberry muffins,