Grilled Littleneck Clams + Butter Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Yes, I said lemon butter sauce. Good day, Sir! Let me start by saying, I have muscles. Like, in my arms. There is an indentation in my biceps and when the light hits them juuust right you can see it. Yes, I yelled at my husband this morning for blocking my light.
I don’t think I’ve ever had visible muscles before. Ok, maybe they aren’t muscles, but definition? I have arm definition. But like the kind of definition you only see when I flex and my shirt sleeves pop off.
My workouts kinda hit a plateau so I bumped it up to level three, doing everything modified of course (gotta ease in!), and I feel like I’m moving forward again. Or up. What direction do you want to go in after a plateau? Up, right? You want to keep climbing that mountain. Or down! Down because you want to slim down and strengthen. Ok, maybe I’m moving forward on my fitness path. Maybe insead of a plateau it’s like a pitstop, or a standstill, or two roads diverged in a wood. I took the one less traveled.
You can tell the posts that happen while I’m drinking my coffee. Just saying.
This is such a delicious, simple recipe, sooo so perfect for summer grilling. Jaryd woke up this morning, looked at me, and said, “You know what I love eating for dinner? Clams.” haha Me too!! They were so good, and I can’t believe how easy this was!! You must make this! Must.
I was so intimidated about cooking clams because I’ve never done it before and generally it seems really fancy and like I would need some special knowledge about shellfish. Here is everything I have learned in three helpful bullets:
1. Make sure your clams are fresh. I became besties with the seafood lady at my food store. Here’s the low down. If the clams are open, don’t use them. They need to be closed. If they are open, tap them. If they close after you tap them, you can use them. If they stay open, don’t eat them.
2. Store them in an open container with a damp cloth in the fridge. Do not submerge in water. Do not submerge in ice.
3. Butter is awesome. Oh wait, I already knew that!
Literally that is all you need to know. It’s too easy and I really recommend treating yourself to something fun and different.
Here’s what you do:
Heat up your grill on high for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon, butter and garlic.
When the grill is heated, place the closed clams on the rack for 5-7 minutes or until they open. I checked back every couple minutes and removed the ones that had opened.
If they remain closed and never open, discard them. From what I read, open is open and closed is closed. Don’t overthink it. If they are open after cooking, they’re good to go. If they’re not, DO NOT EAT THEM. I repeat, DO. NOT. EAT.
Serve the clams with the warm lemon butter sauce and Enjoy!!Print
Elevate grilling season with this recipe for Grilled Littleneck Clams + Lemon Butter Sauce! Such a simple and decadent seafood dish!
- 24 littleneck clams
- 1/4 cup salted butter (or unsalted, I just like salted), melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Heat grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the melted butter, lemon and minced garlic.
- Place the unopened clams on the grill for 5-7 minutes or until they open. If they do not open, discard and do not consume.
- Serve clams wither lemon butter sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: littleneck clams, littleneck clams recipe, grilled littleneck clams, easy way to cook littleneck clams, easy littleneck clams recipe, easy clam recipe, easy clams recipe, easy clams recipe, easy grilled clams, lemon butter sauce, lemon butter sauce for clams