We like peanut butter in this house. At the end of the night when we want a little treat, we grab a spoonful of peanut butter sprinkled with cacao nibs. I thought it would be fun to switch it up. I went through the different nuts in my head and cashews seemed like the only feasible option.
Almond butter is pretty common nowadays. Walnut butter wasn’t doing it for me, though I may revisit this. We’d go broke trying to perfect a pine nut butter recipe. So, I set my eyes on cashew butter. Cashew butter is perfection. I mean, creamy, yummy goodness.
Now, cashew butter with cinnamon is where it’s at people. This did not last long over here. Like, we ate half before dinner and the rest after. No self control apparently. Mahhh, don’t look at me with those eyes. Yes, we ate it all. Get over it. We used spoons, per usual, but you could also use other vehicles to insert this delicacy into your mouth. Think celery sticks, carrots, uhhhh spoons. Ok, I drew a blank.
If you want to make your own nut butters or if you already love it and need some more nutty inspo, you have to try this healthy nutella, this toasted coconut butter, or this video where I made three fun nut butters. Maybe I should make some seed butters? What would you want to see? Let me know in the comments below!
So, let’s jump into it and make this creamy dreamy Cinnamon Cashew Butter. Spread it on some toast, eat it straight from the jar, I get it. It’s so dang good.
Preheat the oven to 300F. Place the cashews on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then place in a food processor or high powered blender along with the salt, cinnamon, and agave nectar.
Scrape down the sides, chop up the ball with a spatula, and process again. Continue this process until you reach smooth cashew butter.
- 2 cups unsalted raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons agave (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Place the cashews on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then place in a food processor or high powered blender along with the salt, cinnamon, and agave nectar.
- Scrape down the sides, chop up the ball with a spatula, and process again.
- Continue this process until you reach smooth cashew butter.
- Serving Size: 11