Broccoli Chickpea Salad + Peanut Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With the holiday of love right around the corner, I’ve been sharing a lot of desserts lately. Which means I’ve been testing and eating a lot of desserts.
I ain’t mad about it, but lately I’ve been craving some green. And, I’ll eat some green and then go about my dessert consumption 🙂 jkkkk (kinda).
I made my broccoli into some broccoli rice, but you can use small florets, depending what kind of salad texture you’re going for. We’re loading it up with some chickpeas, carrots, peanuts, and a bunch of cilantro.
My favorite part is probably the dressing which is a simple peanut soy sauce that really brings this salad together.
Ingredients for broccoli chickpea salad:
- roasted peanuts
Ingredients for peanut soy dressing:
- natural peanut butter
- toasted sesame oil
- agave nectar
How to make this broccoli chickpea salad:
Divide this into bowls, or transfer to individual mason jars for a delicious meal prep situation. I love this on its own, but it’s also great as a base for protein like grilled chicken, shrimp, or salmon.
If making the broccoli rice, place the florets in a food processor with a blade. Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the broccoli is completely chopped up.
Transfer the broccoli rice to a large bowl. Add the chickpeas, grated carrots, chopped peanuts, and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, peanut butter, sesame oil, and agave nectar. Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine.
Once the salad is combine, place in individual bowls or if storing, in mason jars, and top with additional cilantro or peanuts.Print
Broccoli Chickpea Salad + Peanut Dressing is a delicious lunch you can prep for the week! It’s vegan, gluten free, and packed with flavor!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 leaves mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- If making the broccoli rice, place the florets in a food processor with a blade.
- Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the broccoli is completely chopped up.
- Transfer the broccoli rice to a large bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, grated carrots, chopped peanuts, cilantro, and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, peanut butter, sesame oil, water, and agave nectar.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine.
- Once the salad is combined, place in individual bowls or if storing, in mason jars, and top with additional cilantro or peanuts.
- Cover and store in fridge until ready to eat.
Serves 2 – 4. Nutrition facts below are calculated for 2 servings.
Keywords: thai salad, thai salad dressing, thai salad with peanut dressing, thai broccoli, thai broccoli salad, thai broccoli side dish, thai broccoli salad recipe, thai broccoli salad peanut butter, thai style broccoli salad, chopped thai broccoli salad