Bang Bang sauce is such an easy sauce or dip to whip up to smother on some grilled shrimp or fried chicken. If you need a special sauce to level up your dinner.
What is bang bang sauce?
Made famous by the Bonefish Grill’s appetizer bang bang shrimp, this sauce is creamy, sweet, spicy, and can be dipped, dunked, or drizzled on anything!
This sauce is perfect if you have some fried or grilled shrimp, delicious chicken skewers or nuggets, or (my fave) as a dip for your favorite fries!
It’s a mayo-based sauce with sweet chili sauce, spiced up with hot sauce and sweetened with some agave.
Ingredients to make bang bang sauce:
Mayo. I used regular ol’ mayo but feel free to sub in your favorite mayo – vegan mayo, avocado oil mayo, or even Greek yogurt would work here.
Sweet Chili Sauce. You can usually find this in the Asian food or international food section of your grocery store. or if you prefer to grab your specialty items from amazon, you can find sweet chili sauce here.
Agave Nectar. You can sub in honey or maple syrup or really any sweetener you prefer. I usually go with a sticky sweetener like agave nectar, but a granular sweetener would probably work here too.
Hot Sauce. Use your favorite hot sauce! You can control how spicy it is. Feel free to do more or less depending how you like it.
Garlic. I use fresh garlic but if your’e in a pinch, you can also use garlic powder.
How to make this delicious sauce:
Got a bowl and a whisk? It’s as simple as that! Place all your ingredients in a bowl and whisk them until they’re combined.
I like to store this sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for about 1 – 2 weeks.
What to drizzle and dip this sauce in?
- Crispy Gluten Free Onion Rings
- Jicama Fries
- Everything Bagel Sweet Potato Fries
- Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Nuggets
- Ginger Soy Air Fryer Tofu
- Coconut Crusted Green Beans + Cashew Dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (honey or maple syrup also works)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- Place the mayo, chili sauce, agave, hot sauce, and pressed garlic is a medium bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid.
- Enjoy immediately or store covered in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 131mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg