The best chicken nuggets
Riddle me this. Why are there no “healthy” restaurants that have a fun play area for kids? Why are the only restaurants that have designated kid areas fast food joints? I have a confession…
Sometimes Jaryd and I take the kids to a certain chicken nugget fast food establishment because they have a kids area and we can sit and talk and eat slowly and don’t get a stink eye from the person at the next table who doesn’t understand the struggle. The kids get to play in the tunnels and the ball pit. I wet wipe their entire bodies (mild exaggeration) and then they get to chow down when they’re ready to eat.
It’s delightful. Plus, their chicken nuggets really do it for me.
Chicken nuggets were one of my favorite things to eat growing up as a kid. I’ve started making my own version (recipe below!) for the kids and I LOVE LOVE that it is one meal guaranteed to fill everyone’s belly. I love that when the kids run to the table to see what’s for dinner, there are no complaints. Just joyful “yayyy’s” and “yummm’s” and such.
Crowd pleaser, my friends.
Whenever I ask you guys either on Instagram or on my newsletter what you guys want to see more of, you overwhelmingly say “family dinners” or “weeknight meals” and I SO feel you.
So this recipe calls for grated parm for the coating which is SO amazing If you want to go dairy free, I recommend using blanched almond flour to get an equally delicious, paleo breading.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe, so watch me make them in the video below (don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel) and I can’t wait to hear what you guys think!!Print
The BEST chicken nugget recipe!! Low carb + gluten free breading fried in avocado oil. Really fun weeknight dinner recipe, the whole family will love them!!
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup+ avocado oil for frying
- Cut the chicken breast into 1 inch cubes.
- In one bowl, whisk the egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and sea salt.
- Use one hand to coat the chicken cubes in egg and then drop them into the Parm bowl.
- Use the other hand to coat it in the Parm mixture and set aside on a plate once they’re coated.
- Place the avocado oil in a pan over high heat.
- Once hot, turn the heat down to medium-high and place the chicken nuggest into the oil, about 1 inch apart.
- After 3 minutes, check the underside.
- When they’re golden brown turn them over and cook the other side for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and continue this until all the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Serving : Calories 288; Fat 13.3g (Sat 6.4g); Protein 39.1g; Carb 2.7g (net carb 2.6g); Fiber 0.1g; Sodium 698mg
Save this for later!! Pin the image below!!